no horn - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no horn
Monday, January 08, 2007 10:43 AM
ok so i've been tackling some of my minor winter projects and one is my horn not working. the guy that wired my car when i had my motor put in said that the reason it doesn't work is some connector in the wheel or behind the wheel...(i think he said it was shaped like a ring? lol) anyway he said this connector is broke...now i took the front off my steering wheel and can't see anything that looks like that right in plain view looks like a ring shaped thing behind the actual wheel but don't want to go tearing farthur until i know what the hell i am looking at. i searched and came across this topic Click here about half way down a poster named Kardain talks about a connector in the column that the horn button plugs into...is this what i am trying to find and if so how do i get at it?...any help with this is greatly appreciated. thanks

Visit me on Cardomain

Re: no horn
Monday, January 08, 2007 10:46 AM
also i should have mentioned...i get no responce when i try the horn from the wheel...no click or anything...

Visit me on Cardomain
Monday, January 08, 2007 12:26 PM
Well first thing I would do, Is get a piece of speaker wire and touch the power supply connector on the horn then, If it makes the horn sound then, It works, Then you can either replace the horn piece in the steering wheel area, I can't remember if cavaliers have a horn relay module,Wouldnt hurt to phone the GM dealer to ask if they do.Or add a push button to activate the horn to sound.

Good Luck
Monday, January 08, 2007 12:53 PM
have you tried checkin your fuses first i know mine does that sometimes and i get mad when my horn doen't work !!! and its always the fuses!!! grrrr......oh and does n e body know how to change the sound of the horn cause i wanna get a loud honk instead of a p*ssy honk goin down the road!!! any suggestions?

98'zeta veinte-quatro
(z24)......
Monday, January 08, 2007 8:57 PM
fuse is fine i already checked that

Visit me on Cardomain
Monday, January 08, 2007 9:03 PM
Quote:

oh and does n e body know how to change the sound of the horn cause i wanna get a loud honk instead of a p*ssy honk goin down the road!!!

Go to the junkyard and get one out of a Caddy (dual tone)

or http://www.hornblasters.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:31 AM
Kardain wrote:
Quote:

oh and does n e body know how to change the sound of the horn cause i wanna get a loud honk instead of a p*ssy honk goin down the road!!!

Go to the junkyard and get one out of a Caddy (dual tone)

or http://www.hornblasters.com

twin air horns. available for $30 with compressor, no air tank needed.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:07 AM
ok so maybe this will help yas out some more... in behind whne i pulled the wir bag out there was so mething that looked like a clip that had black wires running to it...its not connected to anything and a red wire with a spring on the end thats not connected to anything...now i ain't all that swift with this type of stuff but i know that ain't right...some more help? lol thanks...also if i find some batteries in the house for my digital camera i'll go out and take some pics of these items

Visit me on Cardomain
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:49 PM
Check the Relay?? Its down my the hood hatch release, i beleve it green... least thats what Alldata said it was located it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search