ABS ant ETS Light - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ABS ant ETS Light
Monday, January 08, 2007 12:03 AM
I was wonder if anyone can tell me why my abs and ets off light keep coming on whenever i hit a bump. Thank!

when it comes to boobs i need a girl with bad grades cause im tired of all the ones walking around with straight a's

Re: ABS ant ETS Light
Monday, January 08, 2007 12:37 PM
Well for the ABS sensor question, One or more of youre ABS sensors near each wheel could be acting up, wiring to the sensor could be shorted, Broke apart corrioded wires, Even the ABS sensor it self. Also could have rear brakes not properly adjusted.

For ETS System is youre traction control system, Usually a electronic module or solenoid pack inside the transmission, The Gm dealer has the tech2 machine that scans all the codes for that.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:49 PM
If the ABS light comes on and does not stay on it usually means a short. If a sensor was bad the light would simply stay on. 95-05 it seems the wiring harness to the left wheel speed sensor devlelops a short in it from normal movement causing the computer to intermittently sense the sensor is not working. I would start there. Since it is intermittent you have to scan for codes when the lights are on. I have went through this with a 1999 Z24. It has 180k on it and by the time it dies I pretty much am going to have completely dismantled that car.
Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:54 PM
the abs and ets use the same sensors input for system operation therefore something like a bad wheel speed sensor can trip both warning lights. A wheel speed sensor or related wiring are common problems. A scan tool that can retrieve "C" or chassis codes will direct you to which wheel speed sensor is faulty as a code will be stored in history.

Without a scan tool; do a visual of all the abs wiring harness connectors at the wss, check the resistance of the wss with a ohm meter...also, check for loose wheel bearings as the WSS reluctor wheel is part of the wheel bearing.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search