2.4 hesitating under 3000rpm - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 hesitating under 3000rpm
Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:01 AM
Alredy changed plugs and cleaned throtle body and IAC with no improvement.The car goes ok at full throtle but idling it has a small jump and if you accelerate at 1/4 to half throtle it hesitates, any help I will apprecite.

Re: 2.4 hesitating under 3000rpm
Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:46 AM
check o2 sensor ,fuel filter and on 98-2000 2.4 models after installing a new iac or re-installing you should reset it by turning ignition on for 5 sec.,turn off,turn back on for 10 sec.,then start the car,it resets the valve pintle

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, January 07, 2007 10:16 AM
Where is the O2 sensor in the ´96 z-24 it´s an auto, can I test the sensor? Probably should replace it since it is 10 years old unless it came with the new engine i put in in 2000.
Sunday, January 07, 2007 11:49 AM
I´ve searched and seems to be in the exhaust header, thing is I have the pace seter and no O2 sensor on it, there is a plug (screw) close to the lower part of the header on the drivers side.
Sunday, January 07, 2007 3:39 PM
normally one o2 before and after the cat--autozone Bosch oem replacment before cat is$21 and change and after is $99 somethin these are prices for my 98 cav 2.4,, with your pacesetter im not sure but if there is a spot for the o2 then you should have one put in,i replaced mine and car runs way better

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:16 PM
I exchanged the ignition module with one I had in the garage ( one I bought when the coil cover, the black bad quality one died, got new sparkplug connectors and hesitation almost disapeared. New thing is I found dog food on top of the tranny and it can only mean that a rat is being around, now who knows what was the rat biting ¿a wire from a sensor? I suspect this may be the cause of the hesitation but have not been able to locate any damaged wire yet. I will get the O2 sensor since my car seems to have none (No Oxygen sensor??? in Performance forum) and gas filter and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the help.
Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:15 PM
Hesitation is still happening so, tomorrow the injectors will be cleaned and a new fuel filter will be placed, hope it fixes the hesitation. I wanted to check the wiring of the crankshaft position center but it is hard to reach, guess I will have to take out the oil filter because the sensor is above it, and from above the intake manifold is in the way.
Friday, January 12, 2007 3:57 PM
Wiring is ok, after injector clean up with ultrasound and a new fuel filter it improved during half an hour or so( guess it was overdue), then again a small jump idling in D and a little hesitation when I pushed the throtle, sometimes the engine died. So I bought the coil housing and installed it .... finally it seems to be ready... Wish you all a good weeck end.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search