Left Headlight Shines Dimly - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Left Headlight Shines Dimly
Friday, January 05, 2007 12:22 PM
I have a 96 Sunfire with the 2.2L. Today I started the car, put it in gear and then the DRL on the dash started blinking. I checked my headlights and the left headlight was shining very dimly. I changed the bulb thinking this would solve the problem but I am still having the same problem. The right headlight works fine. Could someone guide me in the right direction as I have never dealt with GM's DRL system before.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!!

Re: Left Headlight Shines Dimly
Friday, January 05, 2007 12:47 PM
My friend just had a headlight bulb burnout, It was a low beam setting, He also had a dimm light, Before the DRL started to blink, Then a Service light came on later on, I would start with getting youre bothe front headlight bulbs replaced first, That should correct youre issue, Most people on replace 1 bulb in which then the other burns out soon. If no change happens after the 2 bulbs replaced, I would look into the wiring harness. For shortage or cracks in wiring.

Good Luck.
Re: Left Headlight Shines Dimly
Friday, January 05, 2007 1:07 PM
I changed both bulbs....still the same issue. I did notice that neither headlight works with the DRL. When I turn on the headlights the right one works and the left headlight shines very dim. Hope this helps. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search