"Theft System" blinking...... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
"Theft System" blinking......
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:32 AM
I have been having some problems with the girls friends cav lately. First off about a week ago I had to replace the battery and cables because they had wore through and caused a short and killed the battery. Once I replaced the cables the car started and ran fine but all the lights on the dash would come on at times like I forgot to replace the negative on the engine(did this when I replaced the motor a few months back). Couldn't figure it out so I was going to have some one look at it till last night when the car would start and die at once. Theft light is on on the dash and woun't let the car run for more that a few seconds. Any one have any idea what this could be? Any insight would be helpful, thanks guys.
Daniel

Re:
Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:14 AM
Ther are lots of different models--what car is it?

Alont
Re:
Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:35 AM
perform the passlock 2 relearn

here's the steps:

1) attempt to start the car. The car will not run for much longer than 10 seconds, if that. Let it stall out its ok.

2) leave the key in the on position. get out of the car and walk away, set an alarm or something for 15minutes.

3) after 15 minutes is up come back to the car, on the dashboard the THEFT light should be out (if it isn't, its ok but this should have happened)

4) turn the key to the OFF position.

5) wait 10 seconds, then start the car everything should be normal.

passlock is a coded message from ecu to the bcm and to a few other devices in the car.. if any of them are replaced, you have to perform the relearn procedure so the coded message is learned.

this should get the car running like normal again

Re:
Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:14 PM
First thanks for the steps on the re-learn DaFlyinSqwril, it still didnt work. I had to go to the yard and get a new cluster then do the re-learn and it has been working like normal for her.
Re:
Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:45 PM
Here is a related question I hope.

Will the passlock relearn work to make my keyless entry functional? Ever since I replaced my starter and alternator at the same time I have been unable to use my keypad.

02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Re:
Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:45 PM
Passlock has nothing to do with your keyless entry, so.... no.

Its approx. 600 seconds (10mins) for the code to relearn. The theft light should actually go solid instead of flashing- then the car should start.

Re:
Sunday, July 13, 2008 4:33 AM
I have replaced the alternator and a starter and the car will crank, the fuel pump is working, but the engine will not fire. The 'theft' light is on and not flashing. The engine will not fire, like there is no ignition. Tried the 10 min. relearn procedure, still will not work.
Re:
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:20 AM
What year is the car?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search