2.2 wont start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 wont start
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:23 AM
95 cav with 2.2 ohv. just put new engine in and i only get fuel when i turn key on. when i first turn key on i get a small amount of fuel then when the engine starts cranking there is now fuel at all. i put a noid light on the injectors and they all tested good. when i put fuel direct in the t.b. the engine will start and run fine. any ideas? fuel pump? filter? i even had one guy suggest crank sensor. help plz!!!!

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?

Re: 2.2 wont start
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:00 PM
Are you getting Check engine light?. If so I would get those codes scanned, Also do you hear the fuel pump kicking on (buzz sound) while the key is been turned on?. The Fuel regulator failed, Couldnt hurt getting youre fuel pump psi tested.

Good Luck

Keep Us Updated.
Re: 2.2 wont start
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:05 AM
yap fuel pump kicks on. check engine light....dunno. how i know if the regulator is bad? i think im gonna check the psi this weekend and possibly swap tanks with my 04 cavy and see what happens.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search