Coolant Temp Sensor 2.4 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coolant Temp Sensor 2.4
Monday, January 01, 2007 3:59 PM
I have 1998 2.4 5 speed. I have the haynes manual but it doesnt really show or tell how to get to it. This manual is more for 2.2. I'm more of a visual person but cant seem to find any pictures to help me out. Can someone give me directions and maybe some pictures on how to get to the coolant temp sensor on a 2.4.

Re: Coolant Temp Sensor 2.4
Monday, January 01, 2007 4:40 PM
It is in the recovery tank in the lower part, just unplug the electric harness and you can pull it out maybe use a pliers. If you turn upside down the coolant recovery tank you will see the sensor.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:14 AM
Hey Luis

is that not the Coolant LEVEL sensor?
Xerd is asking about the Coolant TEMPERATURE sensor which should be somewhere on the engine block,

Alont
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 6:28 AM
Go stand in front of your car looking at the engine. On the drivers side there is a big coolant hose that goes into the head. just before it attaches to the head you will see the coolant temp sensor underneath...It is threaded in......so you will need to get yourself a adjustable wrench and unscrew it out....Make sure you unplug the electrical harness first.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:35 PM
What bobby said. You'll see the power steering pump, look 2 inches below it and about 4 inches back toward the firewall... you'll see the main water neck into the head, and the coolant temp sensor screwed into it.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:31 PM
thanks, I'll try to see if I can find it. If not, I'll be back for more help.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:46 PM
SweetnessGT is right.... good luck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search