seafoam anyone? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
seafoam anyone?
Sunday, December 31, 2006 6:17 PM
I used it a few days ago.... the insructions were not very helpful. Its says "when added to the cranks case"........ "When added to the fuel tank" it cleans blah blah balh...... so I added the whole bottle to the oil. Hardly any smoke at all..... I change my oil a few days after. I want to do the process again since i think i didnt do it the right the firdst time..... Any info wpold be nice. THanks.

Re: seafoam anyone?
Sunday, December 31, 2006 6:26 PM
Daniel Noriega wrote:so I added the whole bottle to the oil. Hardly any smoke at all..... I.

ROFL

Read this page, hope it helps. How To SeaFoam Your Cavalier

Sunday, December 31, 2006 9:05 PM
Daniel Noriega wrote:I change my oil a few days after. I want to do the process again since i think i didnt do it the right the firdst time.....

hope you didn't do too much harm spreading sludge around your engine.

stuff works great, when used correctly

Sunday, December 31, 2006 11:39 PM
Unless he didn't drive much for those few days...

Monday, January 01, 2007 5:40 AM
that cars fine.... just need to know how to correctly use it. If anything the oil was black as hell!
Monday, January 01, 2007 11:28 AM
Then that was the correct way to use it for the oil.

The smoke is caused by the combustion chambers (which oil does not normally pass through)

Monday, January 01, 2007 2:31 PM
i always pull the break booster vaccum line of and use it that way it smokes great
Monday, January 01, 2007 2:42 PM
am i understanding correctly that this is just a way to clean out carbon and what not?

Monday, January 01, 2007 4:35 PM
In a nutshell, yes.

Monday, January 08, 2007 4:38 PM
I did it the right way this time! it did smoke a little but not like som videos ive seen. thanks for the link ecocavy
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:07 AM
Da more crap you got, the more intense the results. Black oil = desluged, heavy smoke = lotsa carb deposits

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:06 AM
so i guess its good to put seafoam in your oil??

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:58 AM
Yes, it is, but don't do any aggressive driving while it's in there, and plan to change your oil in the next couple of days -- 3 tops!!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:18 PM
Hey, will this method be similar for any other car?

I just got a Protege5 a couple months ago and I was wondering if this would be an easier way to clean the EGR than to take it apart and use brake cleaner as the Prot5 websites say to do.

Thanks
Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:22 PM
any... ive seen it done to a hand full of different cars
Friday, January 12, 2007 2:51 AM
I remember when I seafoamed my car. I didn't get much as far as carbon deposits go. that was before the supercharger by the way.

Didn't smoke badly at all, I take pride in that...

Friday, January 12, 2007 8:03 AM
Ditto here on the virtual no-smoke. It's a good thing, but I missed the show. Wife's Santa Fe smoked moderately, AND threw a code on us. I had some fun and played ignorant, had the ol' lady thinking I toasted her engine! LOL Got back some pick-up, a few more miles to the gallon, and an overnight disconnected battery took care of the idiot light. The look on her face was worth a few nights on the couch.!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search