01 2200 oil leak - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 2200 oil leak
Saturday, December 30, 2006 9:46 PM
My cavalier seems to be gettin a oil leak. Not 100% sure wether it's the pan gasket leaking or wether it seems to be a rear crank seal. I snugged up the 2 rear bolts on the pan but it still seems like it's seeping from that area. Is this a common issue on this car? I really dont want to get into pulling my motor to replace a stupid crank seal. Let me know if this is what it would seem to be or not.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: 01 2200 oil leak
Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:21 PM
Are you losing alot large amount of motor oil out?. If its the rear-main seal, You should be losing alot of oil. Oil pan gasket wouldn't lose as much oil.
Sunday, December 31, 2006 8:54 AM
The best thing to do is clean the engine off really well. Run your J-body for ten minutes in park. Watch the underside and look for where the oil is seeping from.

ASE Certified Techician
DaimlerChrysler Certified Techician
Va Safety Inspector
Member Of TECHNET Professionals
Member Option D Racing
Sunday, December 31, 2006 9:11 AM
it's not massive amounts, it leaves a 2.5-3" diamater mark on the driveway after sitting for the night.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, December 31, 2006 1:05 PM
As Option D said, I would also do clean the engine off really well. Run your J-body for ten minutes in park. Watch the underside and look for where the oil is seeping from. It will give you better Idea.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search