Only when It RAINS - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Only when It RAINS
Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:21 PM
Hey everyone I am having a small problem..... Everytime it rains the Z doesn't want to act right it feels like there os no fuel running to the motor and then at about 2 grand it seems like the fuel just some how kicks in and then it seems like it's ok and then when i shift again it happens. Well Ithis happened with my 95 Eclipse GS but that had a cold air intake and the filter that was on it was soaked, so i switched it to ahort air intake, but thats what I think it is the short ram intake is sucking up some water but how, so thats my dilema and I would appreciate the help!!

96 CAVALIER Z24 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Re: Only when It RAINS
Saturday, December 30, 2006 6:54 PM
get under your hood and rev the idler while its on and see if you hear it sucking water in, you might have a coolant leak

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL
Sunday, December 31, 2006 9:10 AM
Sounds like a fuel pressure issue to me. Did you have to disconect any vaccum lines?

ASE Certified Techician
DaimlerChrysler Certified Techician
Va Safety Inspector
Member Of TECHNET Professionals
Member Option D Racing
Monday, January 01, 2007 12:02 PM
no I haven't done anything the only this that I think it could be is when I purchased a car a came with a turbo timer and it had the ability to change the A/F Ratio but thats not been changed.

96 CAVALIER Z24 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search