Starting without turning key? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Starting without turning key?
Saturday, December 30, 2006 4:56 PM
Hey everyone, i'm new here and I have a problem with my '00 Sunfire. The key got pulled out of my ignition while the car was running. I put it back in and started it again and drove it home. The next day I put the key in and it wouldn't turn so I imagine the cylinder is damaged. I know there was a recall on the ignition so i need to get it to the dealer and I don't have the money to tow it. How can i get it started without turning the key. I think I can jump the solenoid but im not sure how and I don't know if that would unlock the steering wheel. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

James

Re: Starting without turning key?
Saturday, December 30, 2006 6:52 PM
just hotwire it like your stealing the car, pull the wires from the ignition and spark them, and that should get it started

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL
Saturday, December 30, 2006 7:20 PM
im not sure if you're serious or not...

can anyone help me?
Sunday, December 31, 2006 4:26 PM
Heya James, Its looks to me you need a new cyl lock for youre igintion, NO!!!!!! If you cut youre wires from igintion switch youre car wont start, Youre anti theft system will kick in. Just get a new key cyl. That should correct youre problems.

GoodLuck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search