fuel pump - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pump
Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:59 AM
this is on my 3.1:
well my probs continue. i'm getting spark but i don't believe i'm getting fuel but not sure. i push in the schradaer valve with the key on and i get a little overflow, then nothing even if i press it again. if i turn the key off and then on again i get the same thing. so i'm confused, i wouldn't think i would keep getting that little bit out of there if nothing was working? is this normal?

Re: fuel pump
Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:09 AM
alright, get this. i jumped the gray wire - f/p prime straight to the batt. i hear the entire fuel system running in the front and now i hear the pump in the tank. so the relay's bad i asume. so i decide to crank it and it still won't fire up. just cranks. wtf?
UPDATE: fuel prob
Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:49 AM
UPDATE: i pressed down on the schrader valve while i had the jumper from the batt. to the gray wire and i've got great pressure at least it squirted out pretty good. tried to crank it again and it tries to fire up from what fuel was in there i guess, but it's not getting enough to run. what the hell could this be??? filter is only a couple weeks old. could it be a bad fpr?
Re: UPDATE: fuel prob
Saturday, December 30, 2006 4:48 PM
i've made yet another observation. i said if i let it set awhile it initialy acts like it wants to start. well then the spark is very strong and had a pretty good sized arch. and then watched the plug and spark after trying to start it again the spark is extremely weak and intermittent it seems.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search