starter wiring on 95 2.2 ohv, and firing order - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
starter wiring on 95 2.2 ohv, and firing order
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:15 AM
k i kinda messed up and got my wires mixed up 4 my starter when i swapped engines. can anyone tell me which color wires go 2 which post? i got it mostly figured out but i have a mysterious purple wire? that should be the last thing other than firing order before i start my new engine! which brings my second ? firing order? 2.2 ohv 95 cavalier.... if someone has a pic that would be great if not a reply would be great too. thanks

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?

Re: starter wiring on 95 2.2 ohv, and firing order
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 3:14 PM
AutoZone.com says the firing order for your car is 1-3-4-2. As for your starter, see if the wiring diagram you need is on this page: Click me

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 3:24 PM
Courtesy of Chiltons (click for fullsize) The numbers on the coil packs are the cylinder #'s:

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:01 PM
The purple wire is USUALLY the wire from the ignition switch "Crank" term to the Starter Solenoid operating coil terminal, the "small" one.
This would come from the recall relay , if that has been installed, and the wire color may have changed.

This is a link that might help

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=115144&t=115144

Alont
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:13 PM
thanks a bunch guys thats a huge help!

do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:33 PM
on the firing order on the packs mine are not numbered but my ? is is 2 and 3 on the bottom if you looking down at it? i think i got it but just need to be sure

Friday, December 29, 2006 9:51 PM
If you are looking down, its on top.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search