gas line problem!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gas line problem!!
Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:10 PM
I was out the other night, here in ontario where salt has affected my car im sure... and realized my car was leaking gas just infront of the left rear wheel....... anyone know if its a metal line there? how much is it? and hard to fix at a shop?

Re: gas line problem!!
Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:23 PM
left rear wheel as in passenger or driver? jack the car up and look under around the tank. im sure there is a hose or line there somewhere. trace whatever comes out of the tank and see if it runs near the leak

Re: gas line problem!!
Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:26 PM
Not sure what model you have but I am talking here of 1993 2.2 Cav's

Running down the left side of the car is a four tube assembly. This consists of the Fuel feed and Fuel return metal tubes and the two ridgid brake lines. I had a fuel leak on one of my '93 2.2's just in front of the left rear wheel. I replaced the whole assembly purchased from the dealer in Ottawa and it was 160$CAn +taxes.

My other '93 2.2 had a fuel leak in a similar place and about five feet of fuel tube was replaced, reflared correctly and fitted with a threaded joint. This cost $80Can in the afternoon at a very helpful shop--after normal closing hours!

Just to give you an idea

Alont
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search