98 cav 2.4 need advice!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 cav 2.4 need advice!!!
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 5:03 PM
ok this is my problem,i changed my plugs, i put cheap autolite 605 copper plugs in, then the fuel line for the fuel soleined for the n20 started leaking,i fixed that and did somethin real stupid,i had the car running hit the arming switch revved the motor up to 3000 to 3500 rpm's and hit the wot switch,the nitrous wasnt hooked up,so it dumped raw fuel, nothin happened until i let off throttle,then it stalled,when i started it up again it was running real rough and sounded like i blew a hole in my muffler(even though i dont have a muffler,ihave straight pipe)i took those plugs out and they were black so i put some new copper champions in and used the same boots since they were still new and it ran the same at idle but fine at higher speeds and rpms,i drove an hour home,it ran fine but check engine light has not went off yet and it seems to idle fine when i come to a complete stop but when i slow down the rpms jump from 1000to 1500,i did mess with my idle and it stays at 1000 when im in park and about 850 to 950 when i shift from park to drive,sorry this is so long but can anyone tell me why the plugs did that or what the hellis wrong with this car,thanks

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: 98 cav 2.4 need advice!!!
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 5:41 PM
Because you "flooded" your motor when you shot too much gas into it.

If it runs too rich you see black soot all over everything, an example would be a car with a black stained bumper, its because there is too much gas.

It dont sound like you hurt anything though.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 6:18 PM
yeah i figured that it ran way to rich way to quick not to mention the black smoke comin out of the tailpipe but it stillseems loud as hell!louder than a normal straight pipe cav would sound

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:32 PM
i took the car out again for a quick drive and it still runs rough and when i let off the gas to slow down the rpms drop and jump from 1 to 1500 rpms does anyone think it could be the iac or something wrong with the fuel injectors?

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:18 PM
I suppose you may have damaged your IAC, is it downwind from your nozzle?

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 28, 2006 9:13 AM
it may be, i have a custom intake to the t.b,.so the iac might be below the nozzle im takin thecar to autozone for a scan and pullin the new plugs out to take a look at them and ill probably take the fuel rail off and check the injectors,hpoefully its not the inj. drive circuits/pcm i wonder if the cat. convertor is blown out inside and thats why its so much louder?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search