bent subframe? control arm? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bent subframe? control arm?
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:24 AM
had a small accident and ended up with a hard impact to the front passenger wheel. the wheel is now pushed back 1 inch over where it was originally. bent subframe? or control arm? i originally thought it was just a control arm but had a friend make a suggestion that it may be the whole subframe is bent. i cant tell from looking at it with it all attached to the car so im kinda hoping to come up with something soon

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?

Re: bent subframe? control arm?
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:48 AM
i have the SAME prob as you and my car has a shifted subframe my auto teacher told me i also need a new left C.A my tire sits like a inch back aswell good luck getting it fixed
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:57 AM
to replace the subframe it is a 2hr job in the driveway with hand tools, less than an hour with air tools

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 3:17 PM
I had the same thing happen, had a body shop fix it and it turned out to be a bad control arm, steering knuckle, and wheel hub. The control arm is why it is sitting back farther.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:27 PM
same happended to me, except it was the strut tower that bent so, they bent it back, good as new

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267189
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:15 PM
right on. my auto teach said it prolly subframe 2. damn i need another parts car now.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:41 AM
how much did it run you in parts for control arm and wheel hub??

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:41 AM
john beers aka thebondoman wrote:to replace the subframe it is a 2hr job in the driveway with hand tools, less than an hour with air tools

yeah i highly doubt you can do a full replacement of the subframe in an hour. videotape this so i can see you do it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search