car not starting?!?!? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car not starting?!?!?
Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:52 PM
ok well i posted before about my battery not charging, couldn't figure out why and was told to look at the silenoid and i did...messed with a few wires, then all of a sudden a wire broke off....was about to move my car so i could get under it cuz i lowered it and now my car won't even try to turn over or click...it just sounds like the engine is engaging(as in shooting gas in but nothing else is happening as a pshhhhtttt)....any conclusions on how to fix? lol...or y my battery wont charge brand new alt and new batt. both good. fuses all good in all spots around the car

Re: car not starting?!?!?
Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:18 PM
Did you replace the wire that broke off?

I would assume yes, but you didn't specifically say, so it has to be asked.

If you haven't that is the first thing to do.

Also, you may want to visit a junkyard (or used car lot) and take note/pics of the wiring connections in question (batt --> alt ; Batt --> starter ; etc.) and make sure yours looks the same.

-Ferrite
Re: car not starting?!?!?
Monday, October 30, 2006 8:11 AM
no i didn't re-connect it, but that wasn't the problem of why my car wasn't charging, im getting another cavalier tonight that is junk i just might transfer most of the stuff out of it into my car....probly hole engine swap since it has only 100,000 and mine has 190,000...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search