freaking thermostat - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
freaking thermostat
Monday, October 30, 2006 12:20 AM
alright the other day i changed my upper radiator hose cause it had a pin hole in it. after all of that was said and done, i take off to go to the movies. not a mile down the road i start to overheat so i ease back to the house. after checking everything out i discover that my thermostat is failed shut. so i take it out until i can get another one and it does fine except i dont have much of a heater but its not that cold yet. to i go to work and buy a failsafe right and put it in and refill the system. now it overheats again. did my failsafe fail shut or am i missing something?

Re: freaking thermostat
Monday, October 30, 2006 7:12 AM
sure you're not putting it in upside down? that'd keep it closed all the time...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:25 AM
sounds like water pump time, if thats not upside down. GOOD LUCk water pump is a B@@@h
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:26 AM
robert seber wrote:sounds like water pump time, if thats not upside down. GOOD LUCk water pump is a B@@@h

depends if its a 2.2 or not

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:44 AM
found out the problem. i forgot it was a sealed system and i didnt bleed the air out of it. and yes its a 2.2. but im going to try this and hopefully it works

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search