Clearing CEL - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clearing CEL
Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:08 PM
Is there anyother way to clear a CEL besides a scantool? like disconnecting the battery?

Re: Clearing CEL
Sunday, October 29, 2006 4:44 PM
Well you could try disconecting the battery, other then scan tool is the better route.
Sunday, October 29, 2006 4:56 PM
disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. or go to autozone, have them scan the code for free, have them clear it for free. and then maybe fix the problem

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:21 PM
A mechanic told me you have to put the ign. switch to the on position (dash lights on) then disconect the positive from the battery, wait some 5 minutes, put the ign. switch back to the off position, then reconect the battery. This is supposed to reset the computer and erase any codes, if there is still a problem you will get the light again for sure.
Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:38 PM
Well i know it was the IAT sensor cuz i ripped the plug off by accident put on my new intake and i fixed it and the car still runs like a rapped ape. Autozone is like 40 min drive from my house so i was just lookin for a better way to do it. i dont think i know anyone with a scantool

Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:59 PM
Or you can get one of those $50 ODB II readers off e bay.
Monday, October 30, 2006 6:50 AM
well my IAT wasnt even plugged in when i was racing and hp tuners told me that was it so i popped the hood and sure enough wasnt plugged in. i didnt try to erase it but after a few races the light went off and i was still running fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search