Winter storage? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Winter storage?
Friday, October 27, 2006 8:56 PM
Hey everybody. Just a quick question. Im gonna be picking up a hood next week, and my car will be going away on the weekend. I was just wondering if its ok to have the hood painted before it goes in the barn, or if I should leave it off until the spring. I guess Im asking, will the cold weather affect the hood/paint? Thanks in advance!

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/

Re: Winter storage?
Saturday, October 28, 2006 12:47 PM
In short, no, being out in a cold barn would not impact the freshly painted hood, assuming the paint was still properly cured (allowed to fully dry) before going into storage.

If it were me, however, and I had the option of painting the hood before or after storage, I'd choose after. Avoid the chance it could get scratched/dinged or something equally bad happening to it. If all it's doing is sitting inside, and you're not paranoid about something falling on it, getting knocked into it, or people scratching it, then having it painted before storage is fine, too.

-Ferrite
Saturday, October 28, 2006 11:10 PM
Yah, thanks. There is absolutely nothing in this barn. It can easily store like 10 cars, and its empty right now. Thanks again

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:35 AM
Not sure about where you're from, but around where I'm from in Ohio there are alot of reputable shops that give big discount for people who choose to wait until "just before winter" as not alot of people are wanting to haul their cars to shop in the middle of winter to get their cars painted, so business tends to go down then.

----------------------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search