2.4 Power steering pump - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 Power steering pump
Friday, October 27, 2006 3:46 PM
I took my 01 cavi Z24 to the dealer yesterday because the power steering was way loud, and when i checked it, it had pressure and was over flowing! I have not added any in months. The dealer told me I need a new pump and it will run me 544.00. After picking it up it did not make any noise the whole drive home. and they did not replace anything? Is this a easy part for me to do it myself? the best place I found in town will do it for 418.00.

Re: 2.4 Power steering pump
Saturday, October 28, 2006 9:03 AM
On a z24- the power steering pump is right on the top of the engine- it runs on the cam...Im pretty sure thats the pump- unless theres some kind of other pump somewhere that I don't know about...

Its actually really simple to replace, if it's what I think it is- then I guess the part itself is expensive because labor couldnt be more than an hour...

Remove 2 bolts holding it to the engine, remove the rubber hose- flip the pump over & undo the fitting underneath.. Simple- as long as thats what's bad..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: 2.4 Power steering pump
Saturday, October 28, 2006 10:45 AM
i have a brand new power steering pump right here ill give u for 50 bucks. and it takes about 30min tops to install..i could do it in about 5.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search