car still stalling in and out - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car still stalling in and out
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:00 PM
well this has been happening for a long time now. when i start up my car and go to pull out sometimes my car moves perfectly fine, until i slow down and hit the gas again. at this point my car acts like its going to stall, and quickly catches and continues to do so until i come to a complete stop. i have changed the fuel filter and that didnt help, and i just changed the TPS, and after changing that it seemed to get worse for some reason? id greatly appreciate some help on this, b/c as most of u know it can be quite embarassing when u drive a tuned up car and ur car looks and sounds like its stalling everytime u leave a parking lot. and for some reason it mainly just happens when i leave school thanks

Re: car still stalling in and out
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:40 PM
Are you getting a check engine light on?. Could have a carboned IAC motor, Or Faulty emissions system.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:53 PM
nope, never got a check engine light yet, im just so stumped on it, and no codes come up either

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:56 PM
My 96 was doing that. Turned out to be the fuel pump.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:00 PM
yeah, it really sucks, maybe that will be it i hope. my friend has a computer thing to hook up to cars to tune them up and find problems, so hes gonna try that too sometime soon. thanks for the suggestion, hopefully that could be it

Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:54 AM
Like said in a previous post - faulty emission system. I had a very similar type problam with my 98 z 22 and it turned out to be oxygen sensors. Try replacing both of them. The catelyetic convertor one of at least 5X more expensive than the one by the manifold.
Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:31 AM
so for a faulty emision system, all u have to do is replace the oxygen sensors?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search