bad 02 sensor? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bad 02 sensor?
Saturday, October 21, 2006 4:15 PM
a while back i installed a custom 2.5" exhaust, high flow cat and pacesetter armor coat header
in preperation for my M-45. after i got the header and the rest of the exhaust installed i started my
car and drove it for a bit. then the check engine light came on with the code P0133. i looked the code
up on all data and it said the code implies that the 02 sensor in the header may be damaged.
could this have happened from the header i installed? thanks.

Re: bad 02 sensor?
Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:54 PM
Chris Filzen wrote:a while back i installed a custom 2.5" exhaust, high flow cat and pacesetter armor coat header
in preperation for my M-45. after i got the header and the rest of the exhaust installed i started my
car and drove it for a bit. then the check engine light came on with the code P0133. i looked the code
up on all data and it said the code implies that the 02 sensor in the header may be damaged.
could this have happened from the header i installed? thanks.

That code is for slow response from the primary O2 sensor. You can replace the sensor, but more than likely this will keep happening over time. With aftermarkert headers we have found the exhaust flow is soo great it does not heat the O2 sensor up enough (or fast enough), causing this. Some have switched to heat O2 sensors and it has helped.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 23, 2006 10:57 AM
hmm, mine hasnt had any O2 codes since the header, and im runnning the 1 wire. Maybe he damaged the O2 sensor putting it in?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:33 PM
mine did the same thing after i put my header on. i bought a new o2 sensor and then got the o2 extension from casper electronics. part number 109091, never had the problem again. really the way to go i think.

Friday, October 27, 2006 6:43 AM
yeah i had same problem po133 and i had gone through 6 o2 sensor .
heated sensor is that new and what is the part # for it?
Friday, October 27, 2006 8:54 PM
Mine does the same thing! Now I know how to fix it! Thanks guys.
BTW, does your car stall sometimes within like 2 minutes of starting you car? Cause mine does that too, and it started to happen when I had my exhaust installed, and its still going. Just wondering if it'll fix that as well?

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:03 AM
the heated o2 what is the part number for it ?
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:40 AM
My car likes to stall within the frist 2 mins also.. Have a header with full exhaust. Gonna put a new O2 in it tomorow see if that helps

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:51 AM
the heated o2 is the one after the cat. just get the more expensive of the two from your local parts store.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search