oil leak need help!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil leak need help!!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:28 AM
ok well i had a oil leak on my car and i was lookking around trying to figure it out it was a bad one i lost like 3 1/2 quarts of oil in like 5 blocks so it was kinda serious so i was looking around and it was the oil pressure sensor so i put another one in a stocker off of a head that i had laying around in my garage and it worked but i would like to know what caused the sensor to leak so i can make sure it doesnt happend again can someone help me here?

Re: oil leak need help!!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:22 AM
Did you use teflon tape? If not you should go back and do that with the new one anyway. It's going to be hard to say what happened. Could have come unscrewed or just started leaking. Is it electrical or mechanical?

Sold 6/30/06.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:28 AM
could it possibly be the seal on or around the sensor?

Sam
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:29 AM
Damn, 3 1/2 quarts of oil came out of the place where the oil sensor plug goes? you got a 2.4 or 2.2?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:33 PM
Use this on all your seals. "Teflon Tape"

You can pick it up at wal-mart, hardware stores, or automotive parts stores. Wrap it around the end, opposite to the way the treads go, then screw it on. It will help seal everything up and prevent leaks as well as hold it in there better.

Wise investment and you'll have tons left over for other things (like pneumatic tools and hoses).

Sold 6/30/06.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:31 PM
well its electrical and its a 2.4 and yeah i lost like 3 1/2 quarts but its all fixed now and i used this stuff thats red and in a tube and u put it on the threads and yeah it works we used that to bolts the head back on when we put cans and pistons in
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search