CAR IN shambles - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CAR IN shambles
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:24 AM
Hey guys my 2.3L cavy is in shambles right now I need to fix it, when the car is started is sounds like a lawn mower and when you try to drive it you go no where unless you slowly press the gas pedal and so I figure maybe it was something with the fuels system, my friend thinks it's the fuel pressure regulator, let me know what you guys/girls think!!

Quick and Extreme Car Club Co-President

Re: CAR IN shambles
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:30 AM
i have the same problem with my 2.4 and i am trying to figure it out have been for along time now for like almost a year still havent figured it out but when the motor warms up it does just fine so if u find out something let me know
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:31 AM
Nathan,
I didn't see any particular year in your profile, but that's usually an indication of the temp sensor to the PCM being bad. If it runs fine when it's hot, and not wnen it's cold then the PCM thinks it's hot all the time. When it's cold the PCM uses a default setting for injector modulation, timing..etc but when it's hot it will go into closed loop mode and use feedback from the O2, temp sensor..etc.
Don
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:39 PM
Don,
Thanks man i will try that i really appritiate that and i have a 98 z24 2.4L so yeah but i will try it and see what it does thanks
Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:05 PM
so with the 2.3L what do you think the same thing or what cause I know somethings were different in the 2.3L, but i'll give that a shot too!

Quick and Extreme Car Club Co-President
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search