car runs bad when first started up i need help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car runs bad when first started up i need help
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:14 AM
ok heres my delima when the car has time to cool down say like when i let it set all day at school and decide to leave after school and u start it up it runs ok for about a minte or until u give it gas then it loops and i have been reading and i cant figure out what is wrong i have changed my fuel pump regulator hinking that was it but it wassnt it still does it. I have a 98 2.4L cavalier can u guys help me here.

Re: car runs bad when first started up i need help
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:41 AM
Mine does the same thing...

listening......

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:47 AM
damn dude that sucks but i cant figure out what it is i have looked and tried lots of things nothings worked yet but my friend has a 96Z24 and he has no problems once so ever and hes got the same thing as me basically except i do have some engine mods but yeah so if anyone can help me here i would really appritieate that or even give me a site that will help me thanks
Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:38 PM
ok i had the same problem..... i had to let mine warm up for about 15 min or just tough it out and drive it like its a drag car..... there is a pigtail going into the right-top side of the block, directly behind the hose that takes coolant into the block.... whenever i touched that pigtail, when my car was running like that, i could make it do whatever i wanted. i just changed that pigtail and it quit.
Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:37 PM
tommy moore wrote:ok i had the same problem..... i had to let mine warm up for about 15 min or just tough it out and drive it like its a drag car..... there is a pigtail going into the right-top side of the block, directly behind the hose that takes coolant into the block.... whenever i touched that pigtail, when my car was running like that, i could make it do whatever i wanted. i just changed that pigtail and it quit.

You gotta help me figure out which pigtail you're talking about. How many wired did it have? Is it connected to a sensor, if so where does that sensor go? Got a pic?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:54 PM
Alright i have the same problem, I asked the same question before and i was told that it was the o2 sensor, i suspect that the pigtail tommy moore is talking about is the one for the o2 sensor cuz thats at the very top of the block, well the upstream one at least. im gonna replace it this weekend so ill let u know.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search