Removing bezel - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing bezel
Sunday, October 08, 2006 4:58 PM
How do i remove the bezel so i can swap out radio's? I don't know if i should pull on it, i tried and it was kinda on there pretty tight and i dont wanna crack it.

Re: Removing bezel
Sunday, October 08, 2006 5:12 PM
Do you have a Cavalier or a Sunfire? its difference for each interior.

----------------------------

Sunday, October 08, 2006 5:53 PM
Oh yeah i forgot about that part, Mine is a 95 Chevy Cavalier. Im trying to take out the old factory radio and put in a aftermarket one in.
Sunday, October 08, 2006 6:40 PM
have fun takeing the top of the dash off. we changed the radio in my friends 98 RS cavalier and you need to take the whole top of th dash off.
Monday, October 09, 2006 4:31 PM
Yep, thats why I'll be keeping my Sunfire dash. The only thing I'll be replacing is the top cover for the +03 with the circular vents.

Sorry for threadjacking. I'd suggest taking it to a stereo shop and have them remove the screws/bolts for you and leave the dash pad on while you drive it home. Replace the stereo (thats a bit of a hassle as well), then take it back to the shop and have them secure it correctly.

If you search the Org i'm sure theres bound to be a FAQ or a walkthrough somewhere around here that tells you how to remove the dash pad/bezel on a cavi.

----------------------------

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:07 PM
Thanks guys, i didnt expect it to be hard, i was just hoping for it to be an easy installation but ill have the someone experience take a crack at it i dont wanna mess up my whole dash if i did it myself. thanks guys
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:18 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search