South Africa - Pontiac Sunbird GT No performance!!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
South Africa - Pontiac Sunbird GT No performance!!!!
Friday, October 06, 2006 9:47 AM
I have managed to rebuilt the motor and sort out all electrical issues including sensors to the point that the engine management light doesn't come on when the car is running!

However.....

The car doesn't perform like it used to when I first bought it and although I have owned it for over 9 years I think it has only been running for two of those years.

I undertook to rebuilding ot as a project performance car but I most certianly ain't getting any satisfaction out of it now.......

I intend putting a match & fire to the car but this I know is not the solution......

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

P.S. This site rocks........If it weren't for j-body then I don't think I would have made any effort to restore this car!

Re: South Africa - Pontiac Sunbird GT No performance!!!!
Friday, October 06, 2006 9:31 PM
I would have posted this in ur yr car forum being is ur car a 88 right?So If u would have posted it in second gen and asked for some pointers or improvements to add would be far more beneficial than here since this is more of a fix it have problems forum.I would start with the coil like msd and upgraded wires to start cheap and k/n air filter.I am a first gen owner so I am not so fluent with ur specs although its similar for the most part to a degree.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 9:33 AM
Rory,first of all what did you do when you rebuilt the motor,was it a full rebuild.What type of problems are you having,loss of power.If the motor was put together properly,I would go after ignition and maybe fuel related,but your electrical issues scare me a little.I have an 89 Z24,I redid my motor a few years back and it ran better than new,I could do huge burnouts-you get the point.Please let me know a little more of what problems you are experiencing so we can help out.

Monday, October 09, 2006 5:52 PM
v6z24.com is probabally a better site for you since you have an older j. Check it out
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search