Coil Pack removal - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coil Pack removal
Monday, August 14, 2006 11:07 PM
My girlfriend just bought a 95 sunfire se and i became its caregiver. the coil pack that feeds the number 3 cylinder needs to be replaced unfortunatly it looks hard to get to and i was wondering if anybody knew the easist way to get it out

Re: Coil Pack removal
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:27 AM
I believe the coil pack 95 sunfire is located near the rear end of the engine block close to youre cars firewall, I founf the easyest way to take it out, Is to get youre car up on jack stands, Undo the four bolts from underneath the car, Make sure just undo the bolts not the plug wires, Unless you know the firing order, Then once you get the new coil pack installed Hookup youre wiring harness & plug wires you should be good to go.

Good Luck
Friday, August 18, 2006 5:01 PM
If it is the same as a 95 cavalier It is a bit of a pain to get to , put it up on jacks is the best way or make some car ramps to pull the car up on to . On the cavalier they are in sets of twos which means you will have to buy one modual the person a Auto zone says you need two but you dont unless you want to replace them all .well if you need any more ans just write more or post, so others can explain it better
Friday, August 18, 2006 5:19 PM
Same as these 2 said, but I have some to add myself. You need really tiny hands and be able to contort it at different angles. One coil pack is for 1 & 3 the other is for 2 & 4. If I were you I would change out both but ONE at a time or else the ignition module will fall out of place. I was told if you have a manual transmission it's somewhat easier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search