Problem with turn signals and Cruise control - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem with turn signals and Cruise control
Monday, August 14, 2006 8:15 PM
Hey peoples,

I was driving along the other day on the freeway, and then when I tried to set the cruise control it wouldn't set. Then i realized that the turn signals wern't working either. I played with them a bit, and they both started working again. The only thing I can think of is that the whole stick on the left side might be going out. I was just wondering if anybody has had this problem before, and if there is a fix for it besides replacing the whole stick. If I do have to replace the whole stick, is there any tips on how to do it easier?

Re: Problem with turn signals and Cruise control
Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:14 AM
It kind of sounds like that there is a short in it. Ive had it to where ive lost all my lights and and another one started to smoke. The part is about 65 dollars. the easiest way to replace it(actually the onlyway) is to remove the steering colum cover which i think is held in by 4 or 5 screws that you should use a t25 torx bit to remove them i think. then you have to remove the both the windsheild wiper stalk and the turn signal stalk in order to replace the turn signal stalk. hope this helps. average time to do the work is maybe 30 minutes. Ive done them in about 10 minutes before.
Re: Problem with turn signals and Cruise control
Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:22 AM
They go out. I have a 95 GAM (same steering column) with similar problems. Just needs to be replaced.
Find one at a yard. Like said above, 3 screws on the cover (bottom), 2 screws on sticks, pop em out and replace, reassemble and you should be good to go.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search