Trouble....turbo ecotec..HELP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trouble....turbo ecotec..HELP
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:04 PM
OK heres the situation. The car about 2 weeks ago just driving calmly started to sputter on me and lost almost all power. All of a sudden the check engine light starts flashing and throwing misfire codes. I take it home and tear out the plugs. the # 1 plug gap had no gap and the rest of them were fine. Took it and get a compression test done and I have compression of like 175 across all cylinders so i dont think its internal. The only thing i have done lately is put a new 02 sensor in it (Bosche) So i drove it home after the guy said it stopped sputtering and it started up again but no misfire codes. All of a sudden like 30 seconds later it does it again on and off everyonce and a while. The fuel pressure stays the same when it starts sputtering and im running the accell injectors from hahn and the cartech fmu. not sure if its a fuel problem or what. ANyone ever have this happen? I checked all the valves and they are all there also w/ no cracks or anything.

Re: Trouble....turbo ecotec..HELP
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:26 AM
you may have cracked a piston and sent it in the CC, likely went out the exhaust and hit the turbo.... I have had that happen. maybe take a look into that cylinder again, check that piston, if something smashed that plug shut, it wasn't air or gas, so something got in there....

compression @175 is low over all 4 and having a broken piston suprisingly didn't lower my compression... if pistons are fine, then something up line may have broken off, or simply the electrode ceramic broke

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: Trouble....turbo ecotec..HELP
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:07 AM
Yea but would it cause the car to do that on and off like that instead of constantly because i know if it was a major problem like a piston then it would do it all the time and not occasionally.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search