Wierd white film on windshield? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wierd white film on windshield?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:50 PM
03 cav... no AC ...

I got a wierd whiteish, yet see thru film. It is hard to see thru when the sunlight hits it at the wrong angle. My fathers 04 sunfire WITH AC has the same thing. I tried useing windex to wipe it off, but mostly just smears around.

Any idea what this? Any idea how to get it off? thanks

Re: Wierd white film on windshield?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:19 PM
jizz?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:22 PM
it's what happens when you don't wash your windows that often. Use steel wool and a lot of window cleaner. use this combo in small sections and you'll see a huge difference when you are done.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:40 PM
Try a damp microfiber cloth to wipe, then a dry microfiber cloth to dry.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:08 PM
Wicked1 wrote: Use steel wool and a lot of window cleaner.

Steel wool? Won't that scratch the sh!t out of the window?

I use generic coffee filters and windex.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:59 PM
no steel wool will not scratch your windows (glass=harder than steel, that's why diamond tip blades are used to cut it) and the wash bay where i work uses steel wool ALLOT, it truely works wonders on bird @!#$ too

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:57 PM
sound to me like u cleaned ur dash with armor all or = and its the overspray..

do u clean ur dash with armor all?
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:05 PM
I dont use cleaning products in my interior. I was water and a rag. I have always used windex on the windows.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:06 PM
Steel wool is great for cars, just have to be careful how you use it. Gentle is the best term. I've used it on painted wheels that had brake dust build up bad and it took it right off. You can use it on the plastic panels on your car, takes the crap out of the grooves on the textured surfaces. It can do a lot more, just have to be gentle, no fierce scrubbing

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:15 PM
Its caused by the plastics and materials "outgasing" after the car was built. Think
about the new car smell, well its more then just a smell its all the gases and crap that come out of the interior parts after the car is built. It does lesson with time, just like the smell, but its there for years!

Personaly I use a stuff called "invisable glass" and it works great. Oh and steel wool can most certainly scratch glass! True glass is harded then steel but the steel will still scratch it if your not careful. Doubt me? Think of your watches face, se those tiny scratches in it? I'd be willing to bet you don't work in the diamond industry so where do you think they came from? Yup, hitting it or metal.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search