removal of wiper arms?? HELP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removal of wiper arms?? HELP
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:37 AM
wow this is stupid i can not seem for the life of me to get the hole arms off i took the nuts off undid the lines and now what? what am i missing here?

Re: removal of wiper arms?? HELP
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:08 AM
come on guys i wanted them off so i could paint them black again!!!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:25 PM
You have to understand, this forum doesn't see much action, especially during the middle of day on a weekday.

IIRC, you should be able to pull them off after the nut is removed. You may need to hit them with some WD-40 as the splines could have rusted some. But try pulling up on middle of the wiper arm and use your other hand to pull up on the base of the arm.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:41 PM
muffin wrote:You have to understand, this forum doesn't see much action, especially during the middle of day on a weekday.

IIRC, you should be able to pull them off after the nut is removed. You may need to hit them with some WD-40 as the splines could have rusted some. But try pulling up on middle of the wiper arm and use your other hand to pull up on the base of the arm.

ohh ok cool thanks man
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:07 PM
if that doesnt work for ya just take a flathead screwdriver and tap it with a hammer.
Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:33 PM
Where are the lines unhooked at?
I would like to remove mine to re-paint as well...

98 j-body sedan

Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:57 PM
Well there are two other ways to do this. My 95 was doing the same thing when I tired to mine off also. One thing that I like to use is just some WD-40 or something just like it to lossen up any rust or any kinda dirt that has gotten in there over the years. Then after they sit for a little bit go hit them again and then pull up on the arm and twist them towards the car. Then turn them on! Sounds dumb but try it. Most of the times this works to pop them up. Not sure how, but it has worked for me after a tech showed me. The other way I've been shown is to use some top post battry cable tools that are used to pull up the cables off the top post on battrys. I hope this helps.

Monday, August 14, 2006 2:05 PM
i got mine off painted them they look great but i broke the drifers side washer thing i dont know what it is so i am off to the junk yard to find the unknow part lol.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:36 AM
Not a good idea to turn them on if the splines are wore it will ruin them and that is something you dont wanna do just wd40 the splines and leave it sit and pull pull pull lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search