I got your fuel filter quick-connect right here!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got your fuel filter quick-connect right here!!!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:59 AM
went to change my fuel filter, not thinking it was a big deal (15 mins at the most... yeah right). Got down there, every dam fitting is rusted. So me having no patience just breaks the quick connect right off.

anyway...

I think next time will be easier.
(all parts thanks to Walbro where i work)

Re: I got your fuel filter quick-connect right here!!!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:15 AM
sweet! i'm still pissed that 00+ have a super easy setup...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Re: I got your fuel filter quick-connect right here!!!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:50 AM
BlkCav wrote:sweet! i'm still pissed that 00+ have a super easy setup...

heh. Seriously. I went into mine fully expecting a fight and it was easy as pie.

Re: I got your fuel filter quick-connect right her
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:52 AM
I have a feeling that is what mine is going to look like in the near future. My quick connect is stuck. Even the dealership wouldn't touch it.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:28 AM
Why all the hate on the fuel filter, I didn't notice any difference on my 99 or the 00, and it wasn't that hard at all (except the last time on the 00 but that was my fault).

you guys know you can take that big ass box and move it out of the way and there is a lot more room to work with, made it even easier for me when i realized that only 2 times back changing filters, I drive a lot

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:42 AM
Room to work with isn't the issue with mine. Just the ability to get the stupid quick connect to release is the issue for me. Even the dealership couldn't free it up.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:56 AM
The dealership couldnt get mine off either, its a 98 z24, I posted this before, but what they did is cut the fuel filter at the nipple where it connects to the line, where the quick release is, and dug all the rusted connection out, and its good as new.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:15 PM
Very well done Liquidplamsa, Awsome custom fab job on the filter gas line.
Friday, August 11, 2006 2:21 PM
I've changed mine twice since owning the car, cant see the photo, but the stock clip was junk, the normal GM Style clip (normally blue i think) is excellent. The newer style that ive seen on Grand Am's and the like with the green clip around the black fitting sucks, its hard to get that thing out compared to squeeze and pull.

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:03 PM
haha, thats funny. I did that EXACT same thing to my 97 fuel filter lol.. I hate that stupid quick connect with the female fitting grrr... Nice quick fix huh?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search