2.4 Where does biggest L shaped hose from TB go to - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 Where does biggest L shaped hose from TB go to
Friday, May 05, 2006 5:03 PM
I am wondering where the biggest L shaped hose on the Throttle Body that goes on a 98 2.4. It is attached to a metal tube that goes to the back of the engine. What is it for and what system does it hook into?
I have a leak in this hose and all kinds of things are happening to how my Cav runs. It runs terrible. I tried to get some electrical tape to mend it but it didn't last long only one drive. I went to the Chev dealer and he didn't know how to find it on his parts list.
I couldn't see it either on the pictures he had of the TB so thought I would ask if anyone knew what system it is part of?

Re: 2.4 Where does biggest L shaped hose from TB go to
Friday, May 05, 2006 5:06 PM
that goes to the brake booster under the brake fluid resevoir.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Re: 2.4 Where does biggest L shaped hose from TB go to
Friday, May 05, 2006 8:22 PM
Hey Jaret you got that one! I went out with a flashlight and it showed up real good as to where that metal tube went. I couldn't see it in the day time. Bad eyes I guess....lol Thanks!

I went to the Chevy dealership for parts and they were looking at the pictures for the TB and now I am going to have them look for the hose the tube that goes to the booster brake system.

Does anyone know what kind of tool I will need to get those clamps in place for replacing that L hose? Some kind of crimper is needed or should I take it to a shop for that?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search