Debate: Does Fuel Injector Cleaner work? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Debate: Does Fuel Injector Cleaner work?
Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:20 AM
like the topic says. im not giving my opinions, i just want to see what other people think.

so go at it!

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car tuning site)

Re: Debate: Does Fuel Injector Cleaner work?
Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:21 AM
and im talking about the 5$ red bottles you get at the part store and put in your gastank when you fill up.

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car tuning site)

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:22 AM
It has been argued so many times before, it gets tiring.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:46 PM
I had a 97 Hyundai accent that was running pretty roughing, especially under acceleration.. I poured in the fuel injection cleaner in a fresh tank of gas, the car was running a lot better.. So I believe in it.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:54 PM
Just buy a Can of Sea foam that will work like a charm.
Thursday, May 04, 2006 2:04 PM
rich weeks wrote:Just buy a Can of Sea foam that will work like a charm.

X2

My Cardomain Page<--Updated 12/4/05
Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:02 PM
i don't think the stuff you put in your gas tanks works to well. I can garuntee you running 1/2 a can of seafoam thru the intake will clean them tho.

Its basically the same thing as the $76.00 or so dollar service they charge you for in a under $10.00 can.

-Chris

Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:47 PM
i use redline and funny its a redbottle but its 10 dollars..

Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:54 PM
cheap in tank stuff is great. i use it once a year. And if you hafta use @!#$ty gas(ex. this place down the street that waters it down, i have since stopped going there) it makes a world of difference

Friday, May 05, 2006 12:06 PM
only once a year? since i started driving i've ran a bottle through a tank of gas every time i change the oil in my car. never had anything bad happen so i can't say it is harmful. don't know how much good it does though either.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, May 05, 2006 2:40 PM
I usually run a bottle through every oil change or 5,000 KM's.. Whatever comes first.. I think it does a good job keeping the injectors clean.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater

Monday, May 08, 2006 4:44 PM
92CAVQUEST wrote:
rich weeks wrote:Just buy a Can of Sea foam that will work like a charm.

X2

x3 ... Sea Foam is the only reason why my motor hasn't flat out fallen out from under the hood of my car.

Monday, May 08, 2006 7:57 PM
To date, I've never put anything into my tank that didn't come out of the nozzle at the gas station. As long as you stick with quality "name brand" gasolines, they are supposed to have enough detergents in them to keep things working properly.
About once a year, I'll run about 3 or 4 tanks of a "premium" gas which is advertised to have more detergents added to it. I figure that they're probably better chemists than me to make sure it's going to work as intended.
My car still gets exactly the same mileage as it did during its first year, and it breezed through the emission test with almost all zero readings. GM doesn't recommend adding anything to the gas, and that plan's worked for me so far. 152,000km in just over 4 years, and no problems yet. (Knock on wood!)
John

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/2002sunfiresl/Modified%20sunfire2.jpg
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 5:03 PM
STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner... It's good stuff. Comes in a silver bottle and it's like $7, and it says on the bottle use every 4,000 miles. I don't use it that often but the inside of my TB on my 90 Cav is spotless.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search