should i or shouldn't i ??? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
should i or shouldn't i ???
Saturday, August 09, 2008 6:15 PM
i dont kno if im in the right forum but here it goes...

there is a 2003 cav LS sport 2door automatic for sale at the dealership down the road from me, the car is clean and has some goody's already on it... its black with aftermarket rims and lowerd, AEM cold air intake and magnaflow cat-back exhaust, custom speaker box in the trunk with two 12's in it, neon under-glow kit, neons in the trunk and in the engine compartment, it does have the Ecotec engine. triple guage pod with the blue cobalt guages, and apline cd player.... i looked under the hood and i saw nitrous lines, it has a single stage kit on it, but i dont know how much its been sprayed or how big of a shot it has. i started the car up and i saw no smoke out the tail pipe and the engine sounds smooth, took it for a test drive and it drives smooth and no probs. I put the pedal to the floor and the car pulls pretty hard. i would love to get this car and it would be a very nice upgrade compared to my old 98' cavalier LN2.

the car has 86k miles on it and the dealer is asking $7,600 for it...

Should i go with it ???

Re: should i or shouldn't i ???
Saturday, August 09, 2008 6:42 PM
If all the modifications were not red flags, then the nitrous should at least have you thinking this car has not been babied. It may ride fine now but that doesn't mean that problems won't show up pretty soon.

I would look elsewhere but the mods seem to be the reason your considering the car. If you want an obvious risk, go for it.

Saturday, August 09, 2008 7:06 PM
its gonna be a gamble but if its what you want i say go for it maybe get the dealership to do a compression test on it and see if itss really good or boarder line if the compression test is low then the rings might be goin from the nitrous but if its got lots of compression i think your gonn abe fine

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:26 AM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:03 AM
PASS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:15 PM
What's wrong with your car? If the difference in engine is all that's got you going... swap an Eco in! Way cheaper, and you know what's been done to your car already... plus it's way more satisfying.

...j

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:39 PM
buying a modded car is always a risk. ask the stealership if you can take the car to a mechanic of your choice to look it over

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:43 PM
isnt it illegal to sell a car with a nitrous kit on it?

***edit...

isnt it illegal for a DEALER to sell a car with a nitrous kit on it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:44 PM

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:04 PM
nothing is really wrong with my car besides a little rust spot and i have a noisy lifter. it has 165k miles. i would like something refreshing like the cav i was talking about and the eco is a nice upgrade compared to my old and tired LN2. im prolly just going to hold off for now and find something that is in stock form and work from there. this is my daily driver, i drive it to work Monday through friday and i drive my other ride on the weekends.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search