Long Awaited Xtreme Tuner Announcement!! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Long Awaited Xtreme Tuner Announcement!!
Friday, August 01, 2008 5:09 PM
Hello everyone,

As many of you know I started Team Vision Racing around 2 years ago and recently sold a majority share to Brandon Bonnett. I have been involved to a very minor degree ever since then because of my change of career into the Professional Drivers field. As I have been on the road I have been working on many things for my car to bring it back in a complete new form to rock the J world.

That being said I have a long awaited, much anticipated announcement to make today, August 1, 2008. I have come across a member, who will remain nameless for now at their request, that is in possession of one of the few Xtreme Tuner kits around that has not been mounted to a car yet. This member has agreed to allow TVR usage of the kit to mount it, make molds of it, and REPRODUCE the kit. We will not be making copies of the individual pieces however. We intend to have these made and sold as one piece, fiberglass replacement bumpers and side skirts, just like any other body kit on the market.

We are hoping to have the kit mounted and the molds made in time to be shipping the first kits around Christmas. This is a very lofty schedule but we want to get these out to the community as our Christmas present to you. We will not compromise on the quality though so if it takes a little longer to make sure they're as close to perfect as they can be, so be it.

The estimated price as of right now sits at $600-$800 which puts it in line with other body kits on the market. I'm sorry but until we get these all mounted up and molded we cannot give a set price. It depends just how complex this all gets with each step. We are intending this to be a very limited release, to the tune of only 25-30 kits, but if their is true demand, see below, we will make more. Each kit will be plated with a number as well to show when it was made as well. Obviously #1 and #2 are already spoken for

This post is to gauge the TRUE INTEREST in this kit. I know there have been many posts about this kit in the past and we need to see how many people are actually ready and willing to drop the money to have the kit made. The ABSOLUTE minimum number we need is 10 people, and we will be requesting a prepay amount to be determined once we have a final tally, somewhere between 25% and 50% of the final cost of each kit. We hate to require a payment without a product but that is the only way to ensure only the truely interested list their names here and that people don't back out last second as normally happens. If people want the kit but are not willing to prepay they will either go to the end of the line once production starts or will have to wait until the kit is fully available for sale to everyone, if that happens. The prepay guarantees you first dibs on a kit more or less and makes sure you get one no matter what.

If you are interested please list your name below in the following format....

1) Name; Username; Email that works; Will prepay (Y/N)

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: Long Awaited Xtreme Tuner Announcement!!
Friday, August 01, 2008 5:25 PM
What company is reproducing?

When will you know cost? 600 -800 is a big range...

I will be waiting to put my name on a list till I see quality and fitment

Friday, August 01, 2008 5:35 PM
The company I'm using is a local one. Glasstek of Naperville They were chosen because not only are they local to us so we can inspect the work and have pictures at each step, but they make absolutely gorgeous full fiberglass race car bodies.

If your gonna wait to buy until you see one made you probably won't get one. These aren't going to be made until people are willing to step up and say they're going to buy the kits as they come out of the molds. We are not in a position to spend all the money to get 10 kits made only to have 2 sell. I'm sorry but that's the way it has to be.

Friday, August 01, 2008 5:51 PM
So your asking people to front 600-800 for a product that has never been produced by these people and thats fiberglass?

To me thats a lot of coin to throw out and depending on quality of the fg you may need to spend another 200 to get them to fit right..

Good luck though look forward to pics and final product

Friday, August 01, 2008 6:43 PM
No I'm not asking people to put up 600-800. If you had read you would have seen that the down payment will be 25-50% or $150-200. That way we are not paying the entire $2K+ cost of making the molds and doing all the assembly labor out of our own pockets.

Just to get the pieces to the fiberglasser is going to require an investment of around $800 and 50+ hours of work.

Friday, August 01, 2008 6:55 PM
If you don't trust their work then go ahead and call them. I'm sure they can give you a nice long list of their customers, including myself. I've bought other parts from them for friends and raced with my a person with their parts. I have NEVER heard a bad thing about their products. They also have pictures of most of their products on their website.

If you think I'd even consider letting someone who didn't have a perfect reputation do work on my car are even get near this kit that I, and so many others, have longed for forever, you have a lot to learn about me.

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:23 PM
Best of luck, but in all honesty I doubt it'll come to fruitition. There's just too much going against you on it. Dead platform, majority of owners are cheap, etc, etc,....

I would love to really see this succeed, but i have a feeling you're gonna have trouble getting any takers, since you want money without a product to show to begin with. I fully understand it and I'd do the same though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, August 01, 2008 7:43 PM
Oh I doubt it'll happen to. I just figured I'd give the diehards like myself one last chance at getting the kit before I finally get my TurboSport Cav finished

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:56 PM
glasstek makes good stuff.

good luck making this stuff.

got pics of what the "real" xtreme tuner kit is?

Friday, August 01, 2008 8:01 PM
Original Sport Compact Car story

I've also received a couple of inquires about making this kit for the other years. If the interest is there we WILL modify the kit to fit all 3rd Gen Js.

Friday, August 01, 2008 8:12 PM
gm already made that exact kit, didnt they? so this is just a glass replica?

Friday, August 01, 2008 8:38 PM
they are looking to make duplicate of the original gm kit in fiberglass. do to the unavailability of the gm kit.

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:13 PM
interesting... subscribed

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:19 PM
what if i hate the sides and rear and i only want the front? do i have to buy the whole kit?

---

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:20 PM
The GM kit was a sham. It was a couple of covers that required you to hack apart your front bumper and then attach their covers to it, similar to the way the Razzi kits mount IIRC.

We are looking to make full replacement bumpers that will bolt right on like a RKS kit for example.

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:56 PM
wow... did i read that right... 180 ish HP.... and 15 ish track time

my 2.4 is sitting close to that N/A and has scored better than that on the track (best time being 14.8)

im not feeling the body kit either... just not my cup of tea

Saturday, August 02, 2008 12:39 AM
god i love that kit

All show, coming soon ---> GO
Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:08 AM
Chuck (Chesterton) wrote:what if i hate the sides and rear and i only want the front? do i have to buy the whole kit?

As of right now the only way we are planning on selling these is as a whole kit. Demand rules all though. If we can get the 10 required to get the kit made and we then have a huge demand for just the front, we may make more of the fronts.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 8:22 AM
wow funny how this happens not even a week after i track down and buy a kit for myself

Saturday, August 02, 2008 8:42 AM
so u are producing the gm tuner kit not the turbosport kit like the concept car? if so what are u doing about a grill for the tuner kit?

231.6whp
Saturday, August 02, 2008 9:00 AM
maybe if there is enough demand and we can come up with something nice we will also offer a turbo sport variation for the 2000-2002 style cavs

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2001-cavalier_turbo_sport/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 02, 2008 9:03 AM

Saturday, August 02, 2008 9:20 AM
I so thought you were talking about the gm kit that darkstars had on his silver car........If that was true I'd be like on it like white on rice since I plan on getting his car back to how it used to look eventually.......good luck though and glastek does do good work I've been in the shop and seen many of the parts that they have made in person.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 10:12 AM
We are making the kit that Darkstars had on his car. It was sold as the Xtreme Tuner kit by GM but was based on the kit they made for the TurboSport Concept Car.

The grill will be up to each person to figure out on their own. Mine will be filled with a nice big intercooler and nothing else.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 10:19 AM
well if you go forward with the 00-02 turbosport kit, Kyle (Rawkfist) is selling his car.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, August 02, 2008 10:40 AM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Original Sport Compact Car story

I

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were going to be reproducing this kit...........but if your reproducing the the kit darkstars had then consider it sold........

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search