Forum shootout on Pinks- ya or nay? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Forum shootout on Pinks- ya or nay?
Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:44 PM
i have an idea that would be fun as hell
over in our help section someone was asking about 13's for under a grand
im thinking about something way more fun
how about a 1000.00 street car shootout between TD,turbo-mopar,the honda guys, nissan guys, gm guys ford guys toyota, etc. format would run as follows:

fwd 4cyl cars only- any year allowed up to 1998
1000.00 total spending limit- including purchase price of car.
no donated parts- everything must be bought legitimately either off ebay, classified ads new etc.
tires( tread or slicks, no wider than 10 inches), brakes, ball joints, tie rods, suspension bushings do not count towards the spending limit- safety first
any modifications allowed, but car must be street legal- eg; functional lights turn signals, wipers ,instrumentation,glass windshield. emissions legality not required, open exhaust allowed.

if we can get several forums to agree to this, it would be a blast for everyone involved.
would also be dirt cheap- if each forum can get 100 people to chip in 10 bucks or 50 people to chip in 20 bucks it would be possible for everyone to play and not have a huge dent in their wallet.

call up the producers for pinks and have everyone show up for an all out type format- but the loser does lose the car , but winner does not win the car- they get put into a pool of cars to be auctioned off on ebay and the proceedes donated to charity

i think this is VERY doable, probably too late for this summer but like next spring?
might have to fine tune a few things like dollar amount and rules but it would make for a hell of an episode, doncha think? id pay 20 bucks to see that on TV....
i dont see a reason why it wouldnt be possible to have a 16 or 32 car field as there are many forums out there, and i think everyone would be game. the rules would need some fine tuning, like maybe up the dollar amount to 1500 or even 2000.00- i wanna see a whole bunch of clapped out 11-10 second cars fighting it out.
if we can get at least 16 forums on the wagon i think we have a show in the makings. plus with all the proceeds from ebay going to charity it will help to improve everybody's image in the public light. vote on this!!

i dont see a poll option on this forum, so post replies here, so we can gauge interest. so far every where ive posted this to there has been major interest in every forum. i'll be back in a couple weeks to check on the repsonses. this is for real, so far this has been started on almost a dozen forums in the last 2 days

Re: Forum shootout on Pinks- ya or nay?
Friday, August 01, 2008 3:39 AM
lol 2k spending limit including the price of the car and you want to see them run 10s and 11s?

Friday, August 01, 2008 4:00 AM
yeaaah...2 grand will prolly cover the cost of the car..2k more will get you a half assed turbo setup that will *maybe* runs mid-high 13's prolly

Friday, August 01, 2008 4:04 AM
2K for a 11 second cavalier? hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You would have to drop a S/C 3800 in a J to get close to those times for that amount of money. But then it wouldnt be a 4 banger anymore.

Friday, August 01, 2008 5:14 AM
so wait, let me get this straight..................................................................you're looking for m4m?

Friday, August 01, 2008 5:17 AM
its only gay if you make eye contact

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:13 AM
hey john whats your car run?

joe it runs 7seconds in the quarter mile.

john i'll buy your car for a dollar.

okay joe here you go. take it on pinks and win then i'll buy it back from you for a dollar.

thanks john your the greatest.

okay $999 more money to spend. hmmm hookers or beer. screw it lets buy both.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 01, 2008 7:14 AM
where are you all getting 2 k from... i see 1 k

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:42 AM
i bought clear HVAC knobs for $40.

Friday, August 01, 2008 8:15 AM
JBO Chat User: SpeedlineZ wrote:where are you all getting 2 k from... i see 1 k

nate harris wrote:the rules would need some fine tuning, like maybe up the dollar amount to 1500 or even 2000.00- i wanna see a whole bunch of clapped out 11-10 second cars fighting it out.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Friday, August 01, 2008 9:14 AM
oooooh shows you where i stopped reading

Friday, August 01, 2008 10:20 AM
i think the bare concept is good......but 1or 2k total?????? and who is going to buy these half assed cars after they are done?

also the total for each person would double since any car you find dirt cheap will have no brakes or suspension. so even if the spending limit is 1k you need to raise 2k to have a "safe" car.
Friday, August 01, 2008 1:31 PM
Man me and Ben Wenzel were doing the math on the phone the other night and both of us have nearly $20K invested in our cars to run what we do...and you think you can do it on $2K? Put the weed away and go outside. This is the real world...not TFATF or Need For Speed World.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, August 01, 2008 1:35 PM
Hypsy (The Trucking One) wrote:Man me and Ben Wenzel were doing the math on the phone the other night and both of us have nearly $20K invested in our cars to run what we do...and you think you can do it on $2K? Put the weed away and go outside. This is the real world...not TFATF or Need For Speed World.

QFT

Friday, August 01, 2008 3:05 PM
get it up to 10k and maybe just maybe you might have a 12-13 second car

Monday, August 04, 2008 7:54 AM
Buying a Jbody for race and spending under $2k including the price of the car.... enjoy your 15-16 second car.

Monday, August 04, 2008 8:44 AM
well if you take the sawzall to it and cut out a 1000 pounds or more. maybe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, August 04, 2008 9:13 AM
Here you go.
1. We buy a totaled car with either a Eco and LD9 (about 10% of value) remeber my roof totaled mine
2. Do Fuel upgrades (injectors)
3. Do Spark upgrades (MSD coils and wires)
4. Tune to OVER REV the hell out of (it only has to go 5-6 times down a track)
5. Gut car
6. Cut and hack anything you can to cut the weight down.
7. Team Green LSD insert

I wonder what that would cost and run. I think if done right we can get down into 12's maybe, and I think we are under 2 grand if you ask me. Cause I know I could do this with 2 grand if I look hard for the right car.

Monday, August 04, 2008 4:18 PM
If we want to have a forum shootout get two equal cars from two forums organize the event. No pinks bs or anything just race for bragging rights.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:26 PM
pretty much the dumbest thread in a while.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:50 PM
The Redneck wrote:pretty much the dumbest thread in a while.

QFT

Saturday, August 09, 2008 3:45 PM
I wouldn't mind putting some money and time into a car that we have a buget say Ohio vs Mich vs KY vs PA for bragin' rights at the bash. 1-4th place, and we have a year to do so.

Saturday, August 09, 2008 8:46 PM
OR we can vote on one car to repersent our state....

Sunday, August 10, 2008 12:21 PM
^Or we can vote that this is the retard thread of the year!

i'll go buy a 89 camry for 700 bucks. and yes, it runs 10s! your all screwed now!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Sunday, August 10, 2008 12:57 PM
02 redbadged wrote:^Or we can vote that this is the retard thread of the year!

i'll go buy a 89 camry for 700 bucks. and yes, it runs 10s! your all screwed now!

Minutes?

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search