Two 1997 Z24's - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Two 1997 Z24's
Monday, July 28, 2008 5:29 PM
Ok...So I was about to junk my 97 Z (200k miles) but I have now acquired another 97 Z with a lot less miles.

My question is...What is the level of difficulty in swapping out the engines? I'm comfortable working on cars but have never done a engine swap.

Now here's the kicker. Is it possible to take the manual tranny along with the engine from Car #2 and put both in the automatic Car #1? I would take it to a shop for this since I would assume there would be some fab. work that would need to be done. It might not even be worth the money it would cost but I would like to hear some input.

Thanks

Re: Two 1997 Z24's
Monday, July 28, 2008 9:32 PM
it can be done, but honestly i think your wasting your money, to bring to shop and do something like that is going to cost some labor hours.

Monday, July 28, 2008 10:17 PM
Sounds like its not worth the money.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:20 AM
why do you want to swap engines from one car to the other, rather than just leave it in the car with less miles on the body, suspension, etc? since you don't have anything listed in your registry, i have no way of knowing what (if any) mods you've done to your first car, but if you havn't done much you might as well swap that stuff over to the car with less miles on it and just get rid of the old car as per your origninal plan. it will be a hell of a lot easier than swaping engines and transmissions (especially going from an auto to a 5 speed).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search