little thought of mine - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
little thought of mine
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:02 AM
ok this may sound weird but i thought about this for some strange reason. but anyway here it is. you know how turbos and superchargers force air into the intake. ok still have this in effect but also put a turbo that sucks the air out. this may be retarded but would this work or would it screw the whole thing up. im not doing this i just was thinking about it. what do you guys think

Re: little thought of mine
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:15 AM
so you want a turbo that is driven by exhaust gas to suck out exhaust gas? Sounds like it's working against itself. all it's gonna do is give you more friction, and therefore less power.
maybe a supercharger to do that, but def not a turbo.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:18 AM
Why suck the air out? Valve overlap already scavenges the burnt gases out of the cylinder and with boosted motors its always a good idea to run a shorter duration cam to minimize valve overlap. I dont see any performance advantage and also i think if it did help the motor i would think someone would already be producing a product. Maybe called Exhaust Sucker or Turvac(Turbo+Vaccumm). I dunno, I dont mean to flame, but i'll give you kudos for thinkin outside the box.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:21 AM
oh its all good i just had a thought if it was even going to work like that. jsut curious what you guys would think about it.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:35 AM
It would also mean that after the exhaust stroke the where the exhaust gasses were sucked out and not just pushed out the cylinder would have less pressure then usual which woudl reduce the effectiveness of the forced induction as it would have to make up for the difference in cylinder pressure first then force boost in there. So if succking the exhaust gasses out meant that the cylinder had 2psi less pressure then it woudl without, 12 psi boost would now effectively only be 10psi. meaning it woudl hurt performance rather than enhance, also there would be the problem of how you would do it, you would have to run like 2 s/c's or and s/c sucking the exhaust gasses out and then driving a turbo, so you would have doulbe the paricitic loss.
But don't let me stop you from wondering about things like that, that's how we learn about stuff.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search