JBO/GME Email Issues - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JBO/GME Email Issues
Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:16 PM
Unfortunately our email server had a catastrophic hard drive failure yesterday. While I was able to back up some of the data on the server before it completely died, all email and account settings were unsalvageable. The good news is I had another server sitting idle which I quickly configured as a mail server. The bad news is everything that was in my inbox was lost. This means if you tried contacting me recently and have not gotten a reply, you will not be getting one. If there were any important emails or things you tried to contact me with, please resend it.

Because the email server is a completely separate machine this did not affect the operation of this site in any way, other then any messages sent via the 'CONTACT US' link were not received.

Note to Mods: the list was wiped out as well. Please send me your email address, because I don't remember everyone's preferred addresses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 26, 2006 1:05 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: JBO/GME Email Issues
Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:21 PM
way to go dave...@!#$ up the email server........lol

Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:42 PM
Damn I knew it was a bad idea to pour Dr. Pepper in between the slats...

Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:18 AM
if you're gonna use anything, it's godda be diet dr. pepper. same great taste, no calories, and doesn't short out mail servers like regular dr. pepper.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:52 AM
This explains why I did not get a reply to the e-mail I sent you Dave. lol

Monday, August 28, 2006 9:51 AM
No Backups?

I at least backup up my SQl and web server nightly to another disk in the machine. Takes 30 seconds with 15k drives!
Monday, August 28, 2006 4:25 PM
i dont think ur home server compares to the size of any of the JBO servers

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:59 AM
Wtf, you don't have a fully operational hot site waiting for such an occasion? Highly dissapointed.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:17 AM
Machzel08 wrote:i dont think ur home server compares to the size of any of the JBO servers

LOL

I also bet the server is 100x more powerfull to.

I ran the same back file system at place place of employment and it takes no more then 5 mins. We are talking a complete ERP system with 27 branch locations and 24x7 access time with JD Edwards.

With Time and Money anything is Possbile, but if someone else figured it out already, its even easier and cheaper!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:22 AM
Evans 17 wrote:No Backups?

I at least backup up my SQl and web server nightly to another disk in the machine. Takes 30 seconds with 15k drives!

Everything else gets backed up, but I never paid much attention to the lowly mail server. Compared to all the other servers I have, it doesn't have all that much work to do. I'm rethinking all of that now though. As soon as I get that server operational again it will get the same treatment as all the other servers.

As for the speed of your backups, you must not have a lot of data. Our nightly database backups, after being gzipped, are 800 megs. I won't even mention the size of web backups, just know they are far far bigger.

Machzel08 wrote:i dont think ur home server compares to the size of any of the JBO servers

He might not be talking about a home server, since I know few home servers that have 15k (I would assume SCSI?) drives. I could be wrong though. That would be overkill though for a home server.

Lurch wrote:Wtf, you don't have a fully operational hot site waiting for such an occasion? Highly dissapointed.

Actually I did, why do you think mail was only offline for a very short period of time? If by hot spare you mean it literally has all the data ready to go, I have no such spare for mail, only for web, sorry.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:27 AM
Dave, would you please email me?

eng@turbosystem.com

Thanks,
Bill Hahn Jr.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:03 PM
ill kick him around for ya bill

Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:23 PM
So you DID get e-mails from the contact us link? I inquired about an order I mailed for some JBO stickers, just wanna know if I need to resend my question.

"The Blue Bullet"
Friday, September 08, 2006 8:33 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]ill kick him around for ya bill

hahaha, it's all good, we hooked up!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:25 AM
does this affect if i bought JBO stickers?? because i have bought 2 and it's have being 3 weeks and i haven't got anything. i have send email but no response also call no pick up. so i want to know what do i do or what can be done???
thank you

Friday, September 22, 2006 10:00 AM
oh boy..

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Friday, September 22, 2006 4:03 PM
if it affected you buying JBO stickers, I would think there would be a lot more wrong than the mail server going down.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:43 AM
who i can talk to report this or fix this???
because i email and call no asnwer, left a message no call back
thank you

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:49 AM
Dave will send you the stickers, provided you filled out all the necessary info. i don't think anyone here who has paid and followed all directions have been forgotten.

furthermore, have you considered that Dave has a family, a life, and a job separate from the .Org?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:50 AM

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:44 PM
wait you mean he doesnt hover over the main server with a keyboard and mouse jsut waiting to fix problems? lol

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:35 PM
lilbit01 wrote:Dave will send you the stickers, provided you filled out all the necessary info. i don't think anyone here who has paid and followed all directions have been forgotten.

furthermore, have you considered that Dave has a family, a life, and a job separate from the .Org?

We are Daves Family
The JBO is his life
and GOD has no job.

haha but yeah seriously, lay him some slack the man has more to do than worry about us 24/7

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:51 PM
sorry to bother you so much Dave but i havent recieved the JBO stickers that I bought about a month ago. is there is a way to track them or something else i recieve the invoice
here :
Dear Domingo Fung,

Regarding the transaction below:

Seller's Name: GM Enthusiast Network
Seller's Email: dave@gmenthusiast.com
Transaction ID: 1R57345590925172T
Transaction Date: Aug. 31, 2006 07:49:52 PDT
Transaction Amount: $9.28 USD

The seller has provided the following Shipment Tracking Information for
your review:

Shipping Company: USPS
Shipment Tracking Number: USPS

The seller has provided the following Order Status information for your
review:

Order Status: Shipped

but never got them.
sorry to bother you guys so much. i hope you can help
thank you

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:11 PM
^ it took a lil over a month after i got that email for me to receive mine, just to let you know.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search