Why haven't you subscribed to Domestic E-zine yet? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why haven't you subscribed to Domestic E-zine yet?
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:07 PM
We want to know why you haven't subscribed.

1. Is it because we don't have enough J-Body content? (Have you looked at a issue?)

2. It cost to much ($10 for 6 issues!)

3. I haven't heard about it yet, I am going to subscribe now

4. Other (Please explain)

If you are already a subscriber post what you think I'm sure others would enjoy hearing it We still enjoy the J-Body community even with all the changes the magazine has been through. Many of you remember us as J-Body Magazine back in 2004.

Re: Why haven't you subscribed to Domestic E-zine
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:57 PM
. I haven't heard about it yet...

5 seconds to find another street...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:23 PM
I don't pay for magazines.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:25 PM
i dislike e-zines.

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:27 PM
EliteCavy wrote:i dislike e-zines.

if it wasnt an e-zine, i would definatly subscribe, i like to read things, then take them places and stuff...not have to print them off.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:46 PM
Jokr wrote:I don't pay for magazines.

Do you steal them? lol.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:48 PM
my computer wont fit in my bathroom.
i cant read it when im on the john.

J/K Jonathan!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:04 PM
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:

if it wasnt an e-zine, i would definatly subscribe, i like to read things, then take them places and stuff...not have to print them off.

furcup in da house!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:27 PM
4 with a little bit of 2. I don't own a domestic car, so I don't really want to buy a magazine dedicated to domestic cars. And I got a year subscription of Car & Driver, Road & Track, and Motor Trend all for $7.00 (that's $7.00 for all 3, not $7.00 for each subscription).

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:35 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:
Jokr wrote:I don't pay for magazines.

Do you steal them? lol.

No there are companies that give away subscriptions. I have a lifetime to stuff, maxim, car and driver and fhm, I have a 10 year on mens health, i am not sure how long on import tuner and i think like 5 years for playboy. Sad thing is when i get a new magazine it has a drawer in the bathroom i toss it in and get it out when i finish the old one.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:54 PM
fur_cup wrote:
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:

me to. Hell I even got in while you were offering the free susbsciptions if someone posted by a certain time.... I have not once even looked at it online. Only the older print issues

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:22 AM
I would be interested if it were actually a printed magazine.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:16 AM
I crossed over to the darkside...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:35 AM
1) more originality as far as projects go are a must. seeing similar cars while some like it, thats cool, but as normals theres only so much the avg person does to one of these cars

2) Ronus20 said it best. variety is good. not only does it open up some of the more narrow minds on this site about other cars and perhaps give people other options if they would like to change cars, but it also gives them info on cars they will come into contact with in competition if you do such things as AutoX, Roadcourse, or Drag race.

3) overall, just the lack of variety and badging wars. like the video i posted a while back:

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?070706/070706_cav_auto&Made%20in%20America%3F&Your_World&Autobytel.com%20editor%20on%20the%20truth%20about%20buying%20%27American%20Made%2 7%20autos&Business&-1&Made%20in%20America%3F&Video%20Launch%20Page

the toyota camry is more of a domestic car than the ford mustang and thats by terms in our own government.

the whole "import vs domestic" ordeal is pretty much played out. simply watch the video through the link posted.

those are my reasons.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:50 PM
very interesting video event.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:56 PM
basicly, people want a printed out magazine....and now with 33,000+ members here...you might be able to start making them like that again and make money for it.....because im guessing last time you wernt making enough profit?

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:59 PM
We understand that Toyota cars are more american at times especially like the GTO that is made in Australia. Anyways thats why we classify what cars are in the magazine so no one gets confused. A lot of people still think that a GTO is better respresentation of american muscle then a foriegn designed Toyota. Just give the magazine a chance based on what cars we say can be covered.

We are still working on variety and have changed a lot since we only used to be j-bodies in 2004, then small domestic cars in 2005 and now all domestic cars in 2006. So variety runs through the magazine more now then ever before.

Thanks for your input and everyone elses as well.

¤§Fallen Angel§¤ - Good reason not to subscribe...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:01 PM
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:basicly, people want a printed out magazine....and now with 33,000+ members here...you might be able to start making them like that again and make money for it.....because im guessing last time you wernt making enough profit?

This will not happen untill we at least have 1,000 subscribers and even then if we switch to print we would possible have to make less pages then the e-zine. We are obviously not at that point yet . If we switched now we are rather sure it would be no different then last year. It would be a waste of money on our part and we would start losing money again.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:00 PM
so now its all domestic cars? so compacts, midsize, fullsize?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:10 PM
Brian Anderson {1999-Z24-4spd} wrote:basicly, people want a printed out magazine....and now with 33,000+ members here...you might be able to start making them like that again and make money for it.....because im guessing last time you wernt making enough profit?

i would get one if it was a printed issue

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:23 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:We understand that Toyota cars are more american at times especially like the GTO that is made in Australia. Anyways thats why we classify what cars are in the magazine so no one gets confused. A lot of people still think that a GTO is better respresentation of american muscle then a foriegn designed Toyota. Just give the magazine a chance based on what cars we say can be covered.
Quote:

see thats the issue i personally have with it...

for example, the camry as shown in the vid, was designed in america, by americans, built by americans, with american jobs gained and mostly american parts.

its the simple fact that the badging wars are based on a false sense of pride. i mean its cool if people believe in a false sense of pride based on badges. but atleast in america people get up in arms when someone puts on a SS badge on a base car which stands for super sport, even if their car is modded higher than base. but in the same instance many people will hide behind a false pride in the GTO or Mustang, or Camry.

Quote:

We are still working on variety and have changed a lot since we only used to be j-bodies in 2004, then small domestic cars in 2005 and now all domestic cars in 2006. So variety runs through the magazine more now then ever before.

Thanks for your input and everyone elses as well.

thats cool, seriously. i do remember when it first came out and it was mainly j-bodies only. and honestly, i saw two issues from a local subscriber and was not impressed. it was more or less like the photos and media forum where it was rehashed stuff and mildly modded cars. but i also understood it was a new publication among established companies. so i respect that you've added more to your rep, expanded a bit to include muscle cars.

maybe in the least, you can lessen the amount of naiveness and narrow minded between old school and new school. you will garner a few newbs who are pro sport compact and anti muscle car and rusty dusties who are the anti sport compact crowd who are pro muscle car to realize potential in the opposite respective brands/eras.

outside of making cash, there should always be a goal, more or less.

¤§Fallen Angel§¤ - Good reason not to subscribe...

Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:55 AM
themarin8r wrote:so now its all domestic cars? so compacts, midsize, fullsize?

Yes

Funky Bottoms (Event) - Our goal for a perfect magazine is to have so much of everything that anyone that owns a Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Car from 1980+ would be happy reading it.

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:05 AM
I too am a fan of the printed mag, I barely have enough time with my limited internet access to read through JBo once a day, let alone surf this zine or that, so most of my tuner reading comes in the form of subscriptions to Turbo, Import Tuner, HCI, and such.

But when you do start the print issues back up again, im on board for a subscription!!!

Monday, August 28, 2006 7:24 PM
with them...e-zines for the loose

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:46 AM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:We want to know why you haven't subscribed.

1. Is it because we don't have enough J-Body content? (Have you looked at a issue?)

2. It cost to much ($10 for 6 issues!)

3. I haven't heard about it yet, I am going to subscribe now

4. Other (Please explain)

5. I purchased a subscription when it was a printed magazine and only ever received one magazine.

If you are already a subscriber post what you think I'm sure others would enjoy hearing it We still enjoy the J-Body community even with all the changes the magazine has been through. Many of you remember us as J-Body Magazine back in 2004.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search