org column width screwed up... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
org column width screwed up...
Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:37 PM
Today the org has some screwed up column widths in all the threads. Here's a screenshot:

It's never looked like this, ususally the columns line up with my browser window. Is this just me, or did something get changed?

I checked in the control panel, I didn't see any settings for this.

Anyone else seeing this?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Re: org column width screwed up...
Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:17 PM
Working fine for me on my laptop , but thats weird.

Maybe your browser settings got messed up somehow?

Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:24 PM
Idk, ive been having problems with peoples sigs. If the arrow just passes over some sigs, a new page opens up, even without clicking on it.

Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:27 PM
Thanks JerseyKid. What kind of laptop are you using? I have an old apple.

Sig width seems to reset the width of some posts. Jersey's post is just as wide as his sig image, but my sig is all text and my posts seem to be about 200 px wide.

Any mods or .org techs listening?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:45 PM
yeah i just noticed that with my sig and stephanies sig. The ribbon in my sig should be next to my truck not below it.

SO MODS PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME A WARNING FOR THAT. something has to be messed up right now in the script cause it was never like that before and I haven't edited my sig.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:19 PM
John Wilken wrote:Thanks JerseyKid. What kind of laptop are you using? I have an old apple.

Sig width seems to reset the width of some posts. Jersey's post is just as wide as his sig image, but my sig is all text and my posts seem to be about 200 px wide.

Any mods or .org techs listening?

HP dv5000

New for school.

Heather - anghellic wrote:yeah i just noticed that with my sig and stephanies sig. The ribbon in my sig should be next to my truck not below it.

SO MODS PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME A WARNING FOR THAT. something has to be messed up right now in the script cause it was never like that before and I haven't edited my sig.

Wow that would explain alot, i thought it was a new JBO phaze because Gam and others had it like that in AG.

Hmph, server problems Dave?

Sunday, August 20, 2006 8:39 AM
.JerseyKid wrote:

Wow that would explain alot, i thought it was a new JBO phaze because Gam and others had it like that in AG.

Hmph, server problems Dave?

If it's a server or a code problem, I volunteer to be a tester for the fix. I have both weird column sizes and see Heather's wrapped sig file.

I'm using a G3 Mac, 233mhz, IE5.1.6 and a dirty mouse. Yep, I need a new computer. At least I've upgraded from the TRS-80 I was using last year...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:13 AM
I think Dave may have been tinkering...

I noticed recently when an image larger than what my screen can display is posted, there's a scroll bar underneath it rather than one at the bottom of the page.

Same image, same thread, same quotebox:

That may have caused something in the sigs to freak out a bit... <shrugs>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:19 AM

Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:20 AM
I can't see anyone's pics in their registry (including my own) nor any sigs that are linked from the registry....

-Crystal

Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:19 PM
I'm getting some really screwed up stuff. It's like it gets smaller and smaller as the thread goes down, this one is really skinny. I have a white bar in most threads either to the right like posted above, or like right now in this thread on to the left of the posts, right of the nav bar.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:51 PM
i just have the sig problem

Sunday, August 20, 2006 1:46 PM
I also have a problem where when I preview what I wrote for a thread, it comes up blank. When I post, it's normal, not blank.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 3:23 PM
Yes I did it. The goal was exactly as Kardain showed. It was to display scrollbars on images that were too big, rather then have the entire page scroll.

Now I see 2 issues:
1. Old web browsers that don't properly support CSS.
2. Sigs that have multiple images.

If you fit into the first group, I can't say that I have any sympathy for you. Where am I supposed to draw the line for what is and isn't supported on this site, because you can't afford a better computer (which these days is dirt cheap)? I'm afraid that you need to face the fact that your antiquated computer has been left in the dust.

If you fit into the second group, I'd like to help, but it is going to be easier said then done. What I will attempt to do is have the code not parse images in sigs. This is going to take me some time to do though. In the mean time, if you can either remove images, or use something like photoshop to combine the images into one, please do. I will try to have a fix for the problem in the next few days though.

As for anyone else having problems, including stargrrrl, please tell me what web browser (including version number) you are using. And realize if its an old browser, you really should consider upgrading. Its 2006 after all, if you are using Windows 95/98/ME or OS9, you are using an OS that is over 10 years old!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Sunday, August 20, 2006 6:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, Dave. I was hoping that it wasn't a hacker messing around.

As for me and ye olde mac, I know I need a new computer. But I've had this one so long it's like a family pet. I may bury it in the back yard when I get a new one.

Anyone have a spare $500 for a Mac mini and another $200 for a monitor?

And Dave, if you'd like the "lowest denominator" test on any new code, email me.
wilken@wowway.com

My system may be old, but... ahhh, nevermind. It's a dinosaur.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:42 PM
i like the idea of scrolling images

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:14 PM
I have an old 1997 Dell with Windows 98 and I'm not having any problems so far.......

This baby was state-of-the-art when I ordered it back in 97. Got all the latest bells and whistles. Are you saying that they have made some sort of improvements in the new computers and OSs? Why would they do that and make my computer obsolete? Sounds like a capitalist plot........

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:21 PM
So i cant use my commador 64 any more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:22 PM

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:51 PM
stargrrrl wrote:I'm getting some really screwed up stuff. It's like it gets smaller and smaller as the thread goes down, this one is really skinny. I have a white bar in most threads either to the right like posted above, or like right now in this thread on to the left of the posts, right of the nav bar.

I checked your profile, you're a graphic designer... Cool. Does that mean you're also using a Mac?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:02 PM
There's other programs out there for the Mac than Internet Explorer... which hasn't been updated on the Mac side (thanks Microsloth!!) for years...

IE blows. Try Camino, Firefox... hell... anything but IE.

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:05 AM
Yes, I'm on a G3 Mac & I run OS9. I've posted it before when the .org gives me problems. Dave, you've already told me to upgrade, but until you send me the money to do so, I don't think I'm going to trash all of my old programs that I paid for that won't run in OSX.

I'm running Explorer 5.1, upgrading is not an option, it doesn't exist.
The problems I posted above are still happening. For those with no sig, it's a very small column & even the title of the thread wraps around to a word or two per line.

I'm leaving for a vaction in a little while, so I won't be able to respond back until Thursday night or Friday if requested.

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:53 AM
iCab? My Dad uses it on an old Cube and says it does the trick just fine. I don't know exactly what features it has, but it's more up-to-date than IE 5.19 is. 5.16 is soooo 2002

At least you're not running 8.5 and a 680x0 processor

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:09 PM
Quote:

upgrading is not an option, it doesn't exist

Sure there is...

http://darrel.knutson.com/mac/www/browsers.html

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:12 PM
thats what software stealing is for....hehe

Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:04 PM
John Lenko wrote:iCab? My Dad uses it on an old Cube and says it does the trick just fine. I don't know exactly what features it has, but it's more up-to-date than IE 5.19 is. 5.16 is soooo 2002

At least you're not running 8.5 and a 680x0 processor

I downloaded icab a few months ago, opened it once & it locked up the computer. Left a bad taste in my mouth & I haven't tried it again.

Kardain,
I took a quick look at the link you provided & it pretty much says anyone on my OS should upgrade or use icab, so read what I just wrote to Lenko Thanks though.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:25 PM
Dave I am using portable firefox and I am getting some weird scroll bars as well. Check the attachment.
Attachments
FIREFOX.jpg (120k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search