We have come to Terms... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
We have come to Terms...
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:49 PM
I've been wrestling with wtf to do with my car now. My options were to save up for a bit and do a Getrag 5 speed swap with an LSD and full everything else good for a tranny instead of my 3 speed auto. And at that point i would never let myself get rid of the car after doing so much, so a five year plan would follow that for full boost and suspension. Or I could dump the Jbody scene, leave American made anythings and go for an all out beast, like a Supra, which would take years of saving and then more time to find one well enough to buy. And I wrestled with RSX-S's and Prelude H22a's and other Ricey things that have alot of potential(which, btw, Honda Forums Suck ass), since my 2200 has about the least amount of potential this side of a geo metro. I had a friend who worked on EuroMitsubishi's Rally team tell me to do an engine swap, maybe a quad four. Back and forth, this and that, long nights with lost sleep just thinking about it. And finally it hit me one night. The answer to end all answers. I could keep my integrity and keep true to myself, have tons of potential, keep my insurance costs down, move into action of this plan in relatively short amount of time, and its so simple, I cant believe i missed it for SO long. My answer for my future car is thus: I WILL BUY ANOTHER CAVALIER! An ecotec, newer, with better gas mileage, a 2 door instead of 4, with a getrag tranny already in it, IN white so i can keep my rims, and i can continue to work on my current suspension till i get it, then transfer some of the parts over to it! And i can use my old cavy to drive around in while i work in it, or sell it and use that money to start modding it immediately since in a fwe years the warraties will be up and theyll only be an 8K loan from the bank! And this one will be better than ever! Ya know how everyone always asks the newbs in that forum, "Well what are you plans for the car? What do you want out of it?" I know what i want. I want 350-400 horsepower, boosted, No No, Supercharged, but thats later, like 5 years later. I know I want 200 horses right out of the box. So I will save till i can get enough parts to reach that pretty much ASAP. Intake and exhaust, I'd like a whole new cylinder head package with some nice cams to go with it, which will probably get dumped later when I decide to save more and get the GM supercharger kit for it. inbetween those steps I wanna build the bottom end a bit, nothing too crazy, altough the bottom end really only consists of a few things, and the stock crank can hold alot more power than i need! Drop the compression so the supercharger can work well and i wont snap a rod, or spin a bearing. Ofcourse this is all fine and nice, in a perfect world I could do this, but best of luck to me. I have come to terms.

Re: We have come to Terms...
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:55 PM
Paragraphs are your friend, thats hard to read, but good luck?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:12 PM
Quote:

I WILL BUY ANOTHER CAVALIER!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:04 PM
I don't think you said that much when we put TJ's radio in

J/K

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:13 PM
i was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. i wasn't happy with my turbo 3 speed ohv, and i was having the same thoughts you were. i ended up buying an 02 ls sport. swapped over my suspension and some other important parts and haven't looked back. its nice to have a new platform to work with. so go for it, buy another cavalier. get exactly what you want. you'll be so much happier. good luck to ya

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:02 PM
Ehh

Solstice ftw......

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search