Weird JBO sticker request - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird JBO sticker request
Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:24 PM
I really want to get a couple JBO stickers to show my support of the site, but I had them on my car once before and they didn't last very long. No matter how careful I was when washing the car, one of the letters would always end up pulling up or one of the little dots would disappear. It drove me nuts to the point where I just had to take them off.

I am going to be getting my windows tinted soon and I figured I would attempt to get some JBO stickers made before then so I can stick them to the inside of the windows instead of the outside, that way I won't have to worry about them being ruined or anything.

What I am looking for is someone to trace the sticker on a piece of paper, scan it and then email it to me. All I need is the www.j-body.org part of the sticker, but please be sure to get the dots and the hyphen in there because I want it to look just like the ones that are sold here.

Dave, I will be getting two made for my car and possibly two for each of the other two Js at my house, but I will not be selling them or giving them to anyone else. I hope this is okay, if not please let me know and I won't do it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Weird JBO sticker request
Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:56 PM
Originally I thought the stickers were like that. I figured you'd stick them to the inside of the windows to show the site to the outside, but it wouldn't get effected by weather, etc. I think they'd be a lot better like that. I had mine on in the winter, and as soon as my windows iced over and I had to get the ice off, the sticker came off with it. So if someone would make the stickers that do that, it'd be kickass
Saturday, August 05, 2006 6:01 PM
i've had my stickers on my car for about 3 years now... and havn't lost a single letter or dot. im always careful when scraping ice off my windows to not scrape where the sticker is, same with washing the car. idk why you're having such a problem with them staying on.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 7:24 PM
wow... i was actually thinking of posting a very similar issue. i never bought the stickers, but was planning on it until i heard the were exterior...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, August 05, 2006 7:34 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:Originally I thought the stickers were like that. I figured you'd stick them to the inside of the windows to show the site to the outside, but it wouldn't get effected by weather, etc. I think they'd be a lot better like that. I had mine on in the winter, and as soon as my windows iced over and I had to get the ice off, the sticker came off with it. So if someone would make the stickers that do that, it'd be kickass

Glad I'm not the only one .

It's too bad that it would probably be a major pain the a$$ for Dave to offer exterior and interior ones. That would be cool if you had a choice.

cannon fodder wrote:i've had my stickers on my car for about 3 years now... and havn't lost a single letter or dot. im always careful when scraping ice off my windows to not scrape where the sticker is, same with washing the car. idk why you're having such a problem with them staying on.

I know it's weird. The only thing I can think of that might affect them sticking well is that I clay bar my windows twice a year when I do the rest of the car. Rain slides right off the windows as if they have Rain X on them or something, so that could be the reason why I have bad luck with the stickers, not sure though.

Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:wow... i was actually thinking of posting a very similar issue. i never bought the stickers, but was planning on it until i heard the were exterior...

Yeah, I don't want to buy any more because they're exterior, but I still want to support the site. I hope I can get something worked out.

So, is there anyone who is willing to trace their sticker for me ?

Sunday, August 06, 2006 1:59 PM
Anyone? If no one wants to trace it, could someone at least take a close up picture of it?

Also, I would appreciate it if someone could measure how tall and how long the sticker is. Remember, I am talking about just the www.j-body.org part. Thanks.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 2:32 PM
Ive never had trouble with mine. You said youve used a clay bar on your windows...maybe that could be why??

Sunday, August 06, 2006 3:10 PM
Really... this is just the nature of vinyl decals. That's how they are.

You have to be careful and get them applied correctly and then you really shouldn't expect them to last more than a couple years. More than that is gravy when there's fine details involved.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 3:14 PM
Okay, I know how to apply stickers properly. I know they're not going to last forever, but none of this has to do with my original post.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 8:59 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:Okay, I know how to apply stickers properly. I know they're not going to last forever, but none of this has to do with my original post.

To be clear, it seems to have everything to do with your original post. You said you applied your stickers and they didn't last that long. Several people refuted your assertion that this is a problem with the stickers, as properly maintained vinyl decals will last a VERY long time on a vehicle.

As for your request in the original post, I would strongly suggest you contact Dave directly, rather than try to OK things through an informal forum post. The JBO logo is copyrighted and any use or reproduction is subject to his approval.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:09 AM
JimmyZ wrote:To be clear, it seems to have everything to do with your original post. You said you applied your stickers and they didn't last that long. Several people refuted your assertion that this is a problem with the stickers, as properly maintained vinyl decals will last a VERY long time on a vehicle.

As for your request in the original post, I would strongly suggest you contact Dave directly, rather than try to OK things through an informal forum post. The JBO logo is copyrighted and any use or reproduction is subject to his approval.

That's fine, but for whatever reason they haven't lasted a long time on my vehicle. Why, I don't l know.

As far as contacting Dave, I have done so in the past regarding the same matter and, like he has apparently told others here, as long as I don't sell them to other people it's fine. However, I have decided to just forget about the damn things since no one here has offered up any help or advice. Mods, please lock this thread. Thanks.

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:35 AM
Ive had mine for awhile and I never am careful with them when I wash my car or anything and their still fine.

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:37 AM
this is the best i can do for you. i took a picture of the sticker on my car. i tried scanning the other two i have here but it didn't turn out well.

the writing is roughtly a little over 9 inches long and the tallest letter is like 2.5" tall. those are just rough measurements.

hopefully this helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 07, 2006 11:42 AM

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:37 AM
ive had mine for 2 almost 3 years now and they are still in the same shape as the day i put them on.

Monday, August 07, 2006 1:43 PM
alias1429 (now with Ecotec) wrote:this is the best i can do for you. i took a picture of the sticker on my car. i tried scanning the other two i have here but it didn't turn out well.

the writing is roughtly a little over 9 inches long and the tallest letter is like 2.5" tall. those are just rough measurements.

hopefully this helps

It helped a ton. Thank you very much !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search