2002 Cavalier Ground Effects - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Cavalier Ground Effects
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 3:45 PM
Hey, new guy here with a few quick questions:

First of all, I own a 2002 Cavalier LS 2-door, with the stock ground effects all around. This Cavalier is just my daily A-B. As you can see below, I have another car that occupies a lot of my time.

The only major modification I have done to the cavalier is a set of Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. But as of right now, I want to go for more of an 'Intimidator SS' look (assuming you've seen the Intimidator monte or silverado...) by buying a new set of ground effects and painting them silver with a red pinstripe on top. As far as the front air dam, I plan on picking up the wings west 890436 piece. But it looks as though it may not line up with the stock 2002 side skirts. (I want this particular front spoiler because I don't want anything too drastically different from stock, and I like the fact that it is one piece.) Which brings me to my question - Can I mount the more 'flared out' side skirts from a 2004-ish cavalier without major overhaul? And if anyone has experience with this front air dam, does it line up without looking mismatched? And pics?

(Excuse the cell phone picture...)

(And my other toy...)

Re: 2002 Cavalier Ground Effects
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 5:37 PM
Nice Pro-Street there.

The wings west from matches up pretty good with factory sides. There are a few people that have that combo. Try searching the registry to find them.

Should be some pics.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:04 PM
wow your big toy are so HOT !!!!!

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:15 PM
Thanks, guys.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:26 PM
i thought about doing the same thing with my 98z an earnhardt cavalier.i would judt use the stock z stuff as to keep it factory.kinda like the monte's were

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:09 PM
I think I am gonna use the stock stuff becuase I misunderstood what was included in the wings west kit. I thought it was everything under the headlights, but its just the strip under the foglights. I need the bumper cover and valance extension strip due to a little scrape-up in a parking garage. ( stupid snow - never had a scratch all my life until now)

So for the noney, I'll pick up the GM replacement parts and paint those up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search