VIS hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VIS hood
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:00 PM
I just bought my 04 with a VIS invader style CF hood. I noticed that at speed, the edges of it seem to pull up from the fenders. how can i fix this> i am thinking about hood pins or locks, but i dont think that would help half way up the hood? any suggestions.

Re: VIS hood
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:14 PM
pins will deff. fix that.

the hoods so light the wind pulls the sides up cause only the centers held by the latch.
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:38 PM
yeah i had to do that as well

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:48 PM
never noticed that with my ViS hood , but then again the clear gel coat is cracked more the a broken windshield

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:03 AM
What kinda hood pins should i shop for? My dad has the kind that actually lock with a key, but those are ugly. should i just go with sparco ones or what?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:22 PM
Sparco, thats what i have. I got em in black to try and blend in. Don't get the knock offs, they are pieces of junk.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:58 PM
the hood only weighs 8 pounds,mine does the same been that way for a year no problems but pins will help just be careful drilling through the hood

Friday, June 22, 2007 6:09 AM
thats weird, mines uses all the stock hardware and it doesnt move at all.

Friday, June 22, 2007 8:06 AM
z yaaaa wrote:thats weird, mines uses all the stock hardware and it doesnt move at all.

i'm with you on that one! but i have the carbon by design hood!

WI-Jtuners member
Friday, June 22, 2007 3:06 PM
maybe its the difference between the sunny and the cavvy hoods

Sunday, July 01, 2007 2:34 AM
mine lifts a little at the rear but, the front stays in place nicely...but my clear is coming off too

Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:02 AM
Use hood pins.....Too many times people have been driving down the road and have the hood fly up....For $20 its worth the extra safety to you and anyone else on the road....

Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:29 PM
Mike Baynton wrote:Use hood pins.....Too many times people have been driving down the road and have the hood fly up....For $20 its worth the extra safety to you and anyone else on the road....

yea, i've seen this happen way too often. i was pretty nervous coming down the interstate on a 2 hour trip after getting my fiber glass hood for that reason. hood pins are you friend, it may just save your windshield and you from an accident that could've been prevented.

BIKER COPS CAN BE SUCH D!CKS AT TIMES (X2)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search