C/F Trunk Lid - Inner tails - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
C/F Trunk Lid - Inner tails
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:23 AM
Hey i'm looking for a Carbon Fiber Trunk lid minus the inner tails.... Anyone know who makes them and where? I know they make them I just dunno where to look... Thanks

Re: C/F Trunk Lid - Inner tails
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:43 AM
Class Glass Performance

Or Jason at A+ Performance.

My Car Domain
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:55 AM
^^^i dont think they make them anymore. i tried getting one about 2 months back. and i think they spray all their cf pices with a primer, so you wouldnt get the look of cf.
the best thing i found was the shaved lock lid from JSP. i have one sitting upstairs

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:54 PM

For $450 in CF

or

These are really great to work with... in fact I'm working with Millar Auto Design and Class Glass to bring a new Widebody kit to the 03+ people, and they've been really great through the whole process.

My Car Domain
Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:58 PM
White Raven (Ryan L.) wrote:Class Glass Performance

Or Jason at A+ Performance.

^^ Hey that says all carbon fiber products are "pin on" instead of "bolt on". WTF is "Pin on"
Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:40 PM
They are light weight (real race style) carbon fiber, so its suggested that you use "Hood" pins to secure them, not just the factory latch and hinges.

My Car Domain
Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:56 PM
White Raven (Ryan L.) wrote: ... in fact I'm working with Millar Auto Design and Class Glass to bring a new Widebody kit to the 03+ people, and they've been really great through the whole process.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:04 PM
White Raven (Ryan L.) wrote:
For $450 in CF

or

These are really great to work with... in fact I'm working with Millar Auto Design and Class Glass to bring a new Widebody kit to the 03+ people, and they've been really great through the whole process.

yea you can get them but they spray a black gel coat over it so if your looking for the cf look, i wouldnt get it from classglass

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:01 PM
I looked on A+ performance just now and they said they sell fiberglass trunk lids fully shaved, but the ones in the pics were done in CF for reference only. so when you buy them are they Fiberglass and ready to paint?
Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:03 PM
i assume so. just email jason and ask him

Friday, March 17, 2006 7:43 AM
So there aren't any C/F ones out there? What about with the tails?

Friday, March 17, 2006 9:04 AM
JSP has them with shaved lock and has inner tails, ViS has one with inner tails, and no shaved lock

i bought the JSP one

Friday, March 17, 2006 5:47 PM
my VIS trunk i just got last week have a shaved lock i call VIS and they said too have a body shop cut it out

Saturday, March 18, 2006 8:08 AM
james wrote:my VIS trunk i just got last week have a shaved lock i call VIS and they said too have a body shop cut it out

What?? If you wanna shave something out you have to use mud... and paint.... and I want the carbon fiber look. I have a plan tho... Thanks peeps
!
Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:07 AM
Easy Ent Said that the VIS trunk comes with the lock hole cut out and i just got my VIS trunk last week and it has a shaved lock hole.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search