Metal aftermarket fenders? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Metal aftermarket fenders?
Monday, March 13, 2006 7:39 PM
Does anyone make fenders for a 95-02 Sunfire that arent Fiberglass, but are Z3, etc? I personally dont want FG, cause if im hit, or a minor fender bender (like what happened to me last night), then the fender would break. I was hit by the neighbor's daughter, and scuffed the paint on the fender and bumper. I figure worse case senario, her insurance will cut me a check, instead of reparing the scratches, which is what i want done. If they do give me $ instead, i'd get a set of Z3 metal fenders if they made any. All ive seen off ebay (havent looked much further than that so far) is FG.

Re: Metal aftermarket fenders?
Monday, March 13, 2006 8:43 PM
Talk to Jason at A+ Performance Click Me! and he will be able to hook you up with a set of those metal z3 fenders you've been looking for.

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:36 PM
Only available for the Cavalier unfortunately... I've never seen the metal aftermarket fenders available for the Sunfire.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:08 AM
Man, so even if I wanted them I couldn't have got them...good thing that's not what I wanted.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:42 AM
APlusPerformance - JBodySource wrote:Only available for the Cavalier unfortunately... I've never seen the metal aftermarket fenders available for the Sunfire.

X2. I was told when looking for these before to just have a shop cut the slots into your stock fenders.

Wide Body Progress

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:52 AM
You'll have to make your own. I bought a set of F/G Aerogear Z-3's and they fit like hammered dog crap. So I measured where the vents where and laid out some lines on my factory steelies , cut up the fiberglass ones and cut out the area on my steel ones and bonded the "insert" with fiberglass. Finished with a little filler and primer and painted.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:23 PM
Wow, you made z-3's out of your oem fenders; that's talent, they look sweet in your pic; great job.

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search